Talk tickets?

buffymon

Hi!

I received my tickets for the James Marsters talk today. On them at the bottom it says "this ticket entitles the bearer to one photoshoot with James Marsters...." Is it just a misprint or?

A lady I talked to said that on hers it said what section her seat was in. It doesn´t say anything about seating on my tickets.

what about the rest of you?

Hi!

I received my tickets for the James Marsters talk today. On them at the bottom it says "this ticket entitles the bearer to one photoshoot with James Marsters...." Is it just a misprint or?

Yes, this is a mis-print. Showmasters are aware of it as I brought it to their attention when I received the tickets to be posted.

A lady I talked to said that on hers it said what section her seat was in. It doesn´t say anything about seating on my tickets.

what about the rest of you?

If you look on the back of your talk ticket, there would be a single LETTER written on the back. This is your "batch number" or section so to speak.

If you look on the back of your talk ticket, there would be a single LETTER written on the back. This is your "batch number" or section so to speak.

ah I get it. Thanks!

Now this might be a stupid question, but having "batch"/section numbers on the ticket, does this mean that seating for the talk will be assigned to your section. Or are the numbers just an organizational thing for you/showmasters? I'm slightly confused on that.

As it states in the letter that comes with your talk tickets:-

To lessen the need to queue, and in an attempt to keep things as fair as possible, we have put people into groups based on when they booked; which batch you are in is on the back of your ticket, and you will be let into the hall strictly based on batches.

I never noticed this piece of info before booking. If I had known I would have booked earlier. I expected to que since it´s important for me to get a good seat.

Was this information given before the tickets were released or not?

How can they decide something like that afterwards? I hate to complain but I feel very dissapointed right now. I have a seat in the back now and I expected to get a good one this time. :hathor:

this was not any fun at all:(

shouldn´t we get all the info before spending our money?^_^

How do you know that you have a seat at the back of the venue? You won't know that until you get there.

And it really was the best option available. The talk has proved to be very popular and due to the sheer number of tickets sold, the last thing Showmasters want is a stampede with everyone rushing to get the "best seats" so to speak! Someone could get hurt.

this was not any fun at all:(

Trust me, it wasn't fun for me having to go through all the talk orders to number the tickets when they were already enveloped up to put batch numbers on them either.

How do you know that you have a seat at the back of the venue? You won't know that until you get there.

And it really was the best option available. The talk has proved to be very popular and due to the sheer number of tickets sold, the last thing Showmasters want is a stampede with everyone rushing to get the "best seats" so to speak! Someone could get hurt.

I get that. But the information should have been disclosed before the tickets went on sale. And I assume I got bad seats since I ordered very late. You did say that the seats were distrubuted after what time I ordered.

I feel cheated.

Trust me, it wasn't fun for me having to go through all the talk orders to number the tickets when they were already enveloped up to put batch numbers on them either.

I´m sure, but what does that have to do with this?

You stated it wasn't fun for you, and I agreed stating it wasn't fun for me....

Anyway, yes, maybe Showmasters should have decided about the batches prior to them going on sale. I can't speak for them, or their decisions. But to be perfectly honest I think everyone was surprised at how popular this particular talk would be and didn't expect it to be quite so busy!

So rather than have the possibility of fans getting hurt in a rush, they had to think of something that would be fair and safe. :hathor:

I didn´t mean to criticize you Jola and I hope it didn´t come across that way.

I´m talking about Showmasters. I just feel very dissapointed that´s all. I have spend a lot of money to be able to travel to UK at all and this just made the trip feel less fun than before.

As it states in the letter that comes with your talk tickets:-

To lessen the need to queue, and in an attempt to keep things as fair as possible, we have put people into groups based on when they booked; which batch you are in is on the back of your ticket, and you will be let into the hall strictly based on batches.

Thanks Jola. I haven't gotten my tickets yet since I'm in the states. I'll probably get them some time this week, hence my confusion.

And here's another stupid question, do you know how many tickets are in a batch? In other words, say there are 40 people per batch, then if I was in Batch A I wouldn't need to worry about a queue that much because at worst I would be behind 39 people. But if there were 60 people per batch then I might want to get there earlier to not be behind 59 people. I hope that makes sense. ;)

Thanks again,

Angela (who's eagerly waiting for her tickets. I hear they have pretty pictures on them.)

Funny how the same people always end up at the front and then when they don't they moan.

I've been to several different concerts and always end up not being able to see 'cause i'm so short.

At James's talk last time i was three quarters of the way back and didn't see him at all, had to just listen. Yet there they were the same people sat at the front.

If i want to be at the front of any event i have to queue for a VERY long time.

Basicaly the 'first come first served' seating arrangemnet is excatly that. You booked your ticket first you get in the first batch, go figure :P

BTW i'm in batch B :dance: So maybe i'll see him this time :YAHOO:

You stated it wasn't fun for you, and I agreed stating it wasn't fun for me....

Anyway, yes, maybe Showmasters should have decided about the batches prior to them going on sale. I can't speak for them, or their decisions. But to be perfectly honest I think everyone was surprised at how popular this particular talk would be and didn't expect it to be quite so busy!

So rather than have the possibility of fans getting hurt in a rush, they had to think of something that would be fair and safe. :P

total convention rookie here! How many batches are there for the talk? Just to give me an idea what letter is good or bad!!! reading this forum is making me think perhaps i've bitten off more than i can chew in planning on going!!!! Esp since will be alone! None of my mates'll come. miserable devils!!! tee hee.

Funny how the same people always end up at the front and then when they don't they moan.

what do you mean? I´ve never been in the front. I´ve been to one precious talk and then I was waaay, waaay in the back.

Too bad I can´t make a complaint without people thinking that I am "moaning":P

this was my last post on this board

So......back to my question. How many people are in a batch? I'm not complaining or anything, I just would like to know how many people are in a batch. Thanks.

As I've just stated in the other thread there are 50 tickets/people per batch. I can't tell you how many batches there are at present, or what will be in total as the tickets are still available for sale.

I actually think its a good idea to have people go in in batches, we will be spending enough of our time queing for VTs without having to que for a talk we already have a ticket for? I know people will want to get as near to the front as possible but I cant see how anyone could have arranged it better than to do it by who bought there tickets first? Surely everyone should agree that all our safety should come first and im sure thats the main reason why showmasters are doing it like this? :vader:

Thank you Jola for answering my question.

but I cant see how anyone could have arranged it better than to do it by who bought there tickets first?

Honestly, Showmasters could have arranged it better if they had decided to do this before tickets went on sale. The queues for James at Collectormania 7 were insane, so they knew ahead of time this talk would be popular. That way people would have known that when they bought their ticket would decide where they will sit. I delayed purchasing a ticket because I was contemplating buying a Gold Ticket which includes Talk tickets. If I had know they would do this, I would have bought my ticket the moment they were on sale.

Yes arranging batches by who bought tickets first is fair, but it would have been fairer to know that would be the case when tickets were sold.

I can understand your disapointment, i feel the same as you but im just trying to make the best of it and look from there way of thinking? I thought about getting a gold pass too but in the end because of how popular James was last time i just booked anyway because i didnt want to miss out! I dont think maybe Showmasters thought about how popular James talk would be, as i dont think they have had to release talk tickets in batches before? Maybe they thought as James was so popular last time, he wouldnt be as busy this time? I dont know, im just guessing! Lets hope it all works out in the end and look forward to C11! :vader: