Virtual Tickets?

Dr Evil

• Showmasters Admin

Ticket are always given out at the end of the guests queue.

They will start to be given out at the shows start time (9am on Saturday).

They is very likely to be a big queue formed by then though.

I didn't want to start a new topic so thought I'd post my question here as it is related. My question is will it be announced ahead of time where the major guests will be seated?

I realise that this isn't generally done but I remeber SM announcing ahead of time where Elijah would be sitting at LFCC. I was just wondering whether the same will be done for James Marsters and Brandon Routh as last time for James, I had difficulty finding his location and didn't realise that there was a seperate queue for him on the Monday, so I'd like to avoid any confusion this time around.

Edited by Evil_Faith

A map of locations of each guest, posted on this forum, would be good :WINCE:

But before May 1st 'cause i won't have pc access after that, i'll be in London and won't have time to find an internet cafe !!

Edited by hells childe 17

• Showmasters Admin

The problems with having a guest layout are.....

1: There would have to be 4 of them as it changes each day.

2: They would likely go out of date....

2a: A guest cancels after the plan is issued.

2b: On the Saturday we may find that a guest is busier than first thought and needs to be moved or visa versa.

2c: A last minute guest is announced like say Alexis Denisof. We may move someone so he can be near Tony, James and Charisma.

Basically so much can and does change in the run up to and at the event that a guest layout would likely be wrong on the day. I think it's better to have no plan than a wrong plan. That way when you get in you can ask and get to the right place, rather than have a plan and go to the place you think they'll be. How annoyed are you going to be if it's wrong?

There is likely to be a specific door for entry to both James' and Brandon's queues. As was done for James on the Monday of C7 and for Bill Shatner at C8. Each will have a door that will have a signs on them to show they are the correct door to line up for that guest. And all the other doors close to the event will have notices telling you to go to the other doors if you want one of them.

Taken from the FAQ....

Which door to CMK should I use and will there be a specific door for the big guests?

You can use any door to enter the centre. On the doors close to the event there will be a sign up listing the main guests that are on that side of the building. You may want to walk around the other side of the building if the guest you want is not mentioned. This is so you are closer to that guests queue when you enter the building.

For guests anticipated to be in high demand there will be (as with William Shatner @ Collectormania 8) a specific door each day set aside where people wanting that guests tickets can queue. Signs will be posted each day on all the doors near Middleton Hall making it clear which door this will be. When the venue opens, that queue will be walked in to where the virtual queue tickets for the guest are to be handed out. Anyone attempting to queue jump will be put to the back; anyone queuing at a different door will be at the back. People who queued at the designated door will be given tickets first, in the order they have been queuing.

Edited by Too Tall

I didn't want to start a new topic so thought I'd post my question here as it is related. My question is will it be announced ahead of time where the major guests will be seated?

I realise that this isn't generally done but I remeber SM announcing ahead of time where Elijah would be sitting at LFCC. I was just wondering whether the same will be done for James Marsters and Brandon Routh as last time for James, I had difficulty finding his location and didn't realise that there was a seperate queue for him on the Monday, so I'd like to avoid any confusion this time around.

my thoughts exactly....as Brandon Routh will probably be down one of the sides rather than in the main hall area.

The problems with having a guest layout are.....

1: There would have to be 4 of them as it changes each day.

2: They would likely go out of date....

2a: A guest cancels after the plan is issued.

2b: On the Saturday we may find that a guest is busier than first thought and needs to be moved or visa versa.

2c: A last minute guest is announced like say Alexis Denisof. We may move someone so he can be near Tony, James and Charisma.

Basically so much can and does change in the run up to and at the event that a guest layout would likely be wrong on the day. I think it's better to have no plan than a wrong plan. That way when you get in you can ask and get to the right place, rather than have a plan and go to the place you think they'll be. How annoyed are you going to be if it's wrong?

There is likely to be a specific door for entry to both James' and Brandon's queues. As was done for James on the Monday of C7 and for Bill Shatner at C8. Each will have a door that will have a signs on them to show they are the correct door to line up for that guest. And all the other doors close to the event will have notices telling you to go to the other doors if you want one of them.

Taken from the FAQ....

Which door to CMK should I use and will there be a specific door for the big guests?

You can use any door to enter the centre. On the doors close to the event there will be a sign up listing the main guests that are on that side of the building. You may want to walk around the other side of the building if the guest you want is not mentioned. This is so you are closer to that guests queue when you enter the building.

For guests anticipated to be in high demand there will be (as with William Shatner @ Collectormania 8) a specific door each day set aside where people wanting that guests tickets can queue. Signs will be posted each day on all the doors near Middleton Hall making it clear which door this will be. When the venue opens, that queue will be walked in to where the virtual queue tickets for the guest are to be handed out. Anyone attempting to queue jump will be put to the back; anyone queuing at a different door will be at the back. People who queued at the designated door will be given tickets first, in the order they have been queuing.

It was just a crazy thought i had :hathor: