In queue for Autograph and then....?

Exile

You get called for your photoshoot...

What happens then?

You are queuing for an autograph and suddenly your number is called for the photoshoot.

If I look at my situation I want to have approximately 5-7 autographs and have booked three photoshoots (on saturday). So the changes of the previous happening is not that small...

What happens?

(please bare in mind this is my first convention ever, so I don't know all the ins and outs) :)

- Exile

Besides Elijah Wood they have never called photo shoot tickets by numbers. I think they did it by colours for Elijah. You just got in line at the time that was posted (e.g. it will be posted at the organisers booth) and waited til it was your turn.

So I guess the solution for your problem will be not to get in an autograph line when a photo session time is drawing close. Don't forget, you can join autograph lines any time after your number has been called.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin

Each photo shoot lasts for about 25 minutes. So if it says it starts at 1pm, make sure you're there by 1:20pm at the latest. As QS says the photo tickets are not numbered you just go up and queue when the photo shoot starts. Saying this there is not need to be there 30 minutes before it starts, if you have a ticket you will get your photo taken, that is as long as you get there within the photo shoot time (i.e. within 20 minutes of it starting).

It usually takes 15-30 minutes to get an autograph once you join the back of the REAL queue.

So as QS said if you've got a photo session starting within the next 15 minutes it'll not be a good idea to join an autograph queue. Go and get the photo first. Again as QS said your autograph ticket number is good ALL day after it's called. We call autograph tickets 1 up to ???, so if we're calling 1 up to 300 and you're 201 you haven't lost your place, you can still join.

If for some reason you do find yourself in a queue when you need to be at a photo shoot (the guest goes for a sudden break, or is signing very slowly), just ask to talk to a Pit Boss (the crew in red shirts running the area). They will sort it out for you to leave the queue, you will likely have the re-join at the back of the real queue but you won't loss your position completely.

Basically DON'T miss your photo shoot. We can sort out getting you back into the autograph queue, we can't do much if you miss the photo shoot as the next one will have started.

Edited by Too Tall

You get given VQ ticket vertual queue tickets.

Basically there a ticket you get for each guest which has a number on say for example you had number 60 for a certain guest, if 1-100 was called you could go up as your number was between 1-100.

But you can join the queue any time after your number was called so if your photo shoot session was then called you could go to that (and assuming your number was also called for a guest you wanted to see) you could go back to the end of the auto queue for that guest when-ever you had finished with the photo session...

Thats one thing I really like about VQ tickets, lots of people go round in the morning and get the ones they want for the guest they want to see, and then they can go off have a bite to eat or visit the dealers, and even if there numbers are called it just means they can join the queue for that particular guest when ever they like...

See the link below for more info

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....mp;#entry973041

Allright, thanks very much for the information!

Side questions: Is there one big VT queue so when you get there you can get multiple VT's or are there VT queues per guest?

Edited by Exile

It's a VT queue for each guest. It depends on what time you get there, there won't necessarily be a queue to get tickets. Sometimes you can just walk up to the crew member handing the tickets out. :thumbup:

But not all guests will be doing the VQ system, it's generally for the bigger guests like James Marsters or Charisma Carpenter, Avery Brooks and such.