ECW December to Dismember

DavidB

• Moderators

20061031_dtd_elimination.jpg

The Big Show will defend his ECW Title against qualifiers CM Punk, Sabu, Test, and RVD alongside LASHLEY who signed the open contract this week that was available to Raw and Smackdown talent too.

Hardcore Holly was on his way to the ring when he was attacked by Lashley in the back. Big Show tried to stop Lashley on the ramp but was speared, and then Lashley signed the contract, making him the 6th and final competitor.

The 'extreme' Elimination Chamber will have weapons inside it :blush:

I think the PPV will be worth watching for this match alone. Not entirely sure what they'll do with the rest of the card seeing as they've got most of their top talent in this match! Perhaps some ex-ECW talent can be on the PPV, along the lines of One Night Stand 2.

I can see a title change if the rumours about Big Show and his health are true. I suppose RVD and Lashley would be the favourites now. I hope CM Punk gets a good showing though.

Punk to be the first one in, has to eliminate Test and possibly RVD or Sabu.

Last three should be Lashley (or RVD), Show and Punk. Punk is beaten by Show but only just, then the remaining guy beats Show for the title.

That's my guess anyway, Punk winning the title now could be too early but would be pretty cool.

• Moderators

I'd like to see Punk carry on how he is really, just developing etc rather than them pushing him too fast too soon. Sure, he's capable and I love his work (from ROH and OVW etc) but I'm just glad he's even on the TV shows!

Lashley should come out with it, and then Punk feud with him perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

The only other match announced for this PPV so far:

20061127_dtd_hardysmnm.jpg

Should be a decent enough match, though why it has to happen on an ECW PPV .. bit odd!

I reckon the plan is to put the Hardy Boyz on ECW for a while. I always thought Jeff would have worked out better there than on Raw. He could vacate the IC Title and be awarded the ECW TV Title... Then job it to Test :thumbup:

• Moderators

You smile after suggesting Test should get a belt? :thumbup:

To be honest, right now I don't think ECW needs another belt because they can't give it enough time really. They haven't had enough time to even build up this PPV properly, and I'm glad we're getting it for free!

There's not enough room on ECW for the Hardyz I don't think, though perhaps Mercury could stick around as he needs to be somewhere, even if he is Smackdown talent I think ..

I think the main event is a bit of a non starter, yes it will be great to watch but everyone knows Big Show is dropping the belt so it juts a matter who to!? I wouldn't surprised if its test, although there has been rumours it would be Lashley and have him turn heel to feud with RVD

• Moderators

I only really watch the odd match on WWE.com if there's one that interests me. I haven't seen a full show for a couple of months now. Sitting through the PPV was torture - even though it was short by about 30-45 minutes, I was glad! :YAHOO:

Theres still hope for ECW, there is a good deal of talent on their roster -its just a shame its bogged down by faded ECW originals and goofs like khali and terkey. Given a two hour show (a lot of talent goes unused, Guido/nunzio was far better off on smackdown), some roster cuts and some free reign to be an 'alternative' brand, things may still work out.

Whilst I used to like ECW back in the day, people seem to look back with rose tinted glasses - it was never as good as people seem to remember it as. heyman used to have a real talent for masking talents weaknesses and highlighting their strengths, but has also been known to go off the rails. Having Heyman given control for a few months without interference from the main wwe creative, with influence from the likes of Tommy Dreamer and perhaps Lance Storm, and allowed to bring in some new talent from the development territories and foreign territories, ECW could become what it used to represent - an fresh, exciting, although sometimes flawed alternative product you wouldn't get from the wwe. The remaining 'ECW originals' in general no longer have that spark they once had. CM punk better represents the 'ECW'spirit, than sandman, balls mahoney or tony marmaluke.

Give Heyman some free reign with the objective not to draw ratings or be like wwe, but to build up new fresh talent, and i'm sure theres an entertaining show in there.

I am a MASSIVE ECW fan I always enjoyed watching it in the past but I just can't get in to it this time around there seems to be something missing ie extreme wrestling! They do the odd extreme match every now and again as if its something special but the name of the franchise gives a big clue on what the fans want to see! Yes I understand the originals are getting on now and can't compete week in week out how they used to but they have a large roster so fookin use it!! Instead of just centering the entire thing around the ECW championship! Get rid of the fireworks and large screens bring it back to its original raw show it used to be and the reason Vince wanted it so bad in the past and now he's got it hes stiffling it with crap!

Oh December to Dismember was naff as well :poki:

I've read in a review that many of the fans in attendance were chantin' such things as "this show sucks" and "we want refunds".......don't blame em either...i've always thought ECW really is Extremely Crappy Wrestling ;):smile::sleep:

Perhaps you don't understand what it's all about, I think ECW is a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it!

This time around it has struggled they need to make it a longer show take it say an hour not the normal 45mins and not to concentrate to much on the title, and let me them do there thing instead of restricting it all and bring back NEW JACK!

Internet rumours are saying RVD is looking else where and weighing up his options before he signs a new contract, if he does leave it will be the end of ECW because they need to have wrestlers like him, along with Tommy Dreamer and RVD they are ECW!