Is Harry a Horcrux? *possible spoilers*

Aragorns_Princess

I noticed this forum was getting a bit quiet and so I thought I'd see what everyone thought on this topic.

After re-reading HBP I came to conclusion that I think he is. It was mentioned that Marvolo's ring had a marking in its centre, the mark of a lightening bolt. We know that Big Lord V used the ring as one of his horcruxes, told to us by Dumbledore and seeing as it the image on the spine of the book I believe this gives it more of a meaning.

You may be asking how was harry made a horcrux? I wasn't quite sure myself until I read a theory on a HP fan site (not sure if I can name it or not)

Horcrux Theory

I have read many theories but I think this is the closest I've come to so far.Along with some interesting thoughts on R.A.B

So what does everyone else think?

there's no question he is - dumbledore has mentioned that he carries part of voldies soul (one of the earlier books.)

but the question is - is rowling brave enough to follow through? she's listed 7 suitable horcruxes - including possibles. but harry isn't on the list - despite having a bit of the soul.

i reckon that the storyline is about to be changed - harry will no longer need to die to destroy that part of the soul. this is because for harry to survive, he'd have to learn how to make a horcrux - and that means murder. the only alternative i see to him commiting murder is muggle medicine - electric shock to revive him. since avada kedavra prevents that, and most other magical means of killing tend to leave too little of the individual lying in one piece to make that work.... i don't think he'll live because of some doctor.

its possible though that she'll have harry and voldemort die in the one go, if she's gonna hold on to him as a horcrux - she's hinted at harry's death before.

just my thoughts :YAHOO:

harry is not a horcrux, at least not a proper one. when voldy tried to kill harry their souls touched imprinting on harry but voldemort did not go to godrics hollow to use harry as a horcrux. as I've said in the book seven thread, he went there to kill him, not use him for storage.

I can't see harry commiting murder, its against the laws of being a hero. He'd be just as bad as Voldie in that case. I like the idea of harry throwing the horcruxes into the vail and then he realises that in order to finish voldie off he has to himself go through the vail and reunite him with sirus and his parents. I like that idea better than him just being murdered, doesn't do him justice.

I find it interesting the last word is supposed to be "Scar"

err... he may not realise that harry has part of his soul?

and even if he does - he believes the prophecy, or what part he heard. and he believes the prophecy demands he kill harry.

But he does know into which items parts of his soul has gone it says in the books which is why he puts protective spells (like the drink dumbledore had to drink)around these places. And he'd weaken himself for somebody else to finish the job if he kills harry, so surely cant be a horcrux!

he knows the items into which he intentionally put his soul - but harry seems to be the first known human bearer of someone else's soul, ever - and also the only survivour of the killing curse. who knows what that combination might result in? and while dumbledore has said he suspects part of voldemort's soul is in harry, there is never any mention that voldemort might be considering the same possiblility.

and while voldemort would weaken himself, if he had even one other horcrux left he would believe himself invincible, since he would believe no-one else could ever find it.