Lost @ Comic Con

DavidB

• Moderators

Comic-Con 2006: Lost Season 3 Revelations

Daniel Dae Kim, Jorge Garcia and the producers speak about what's to come.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/720/720495p1.html

Highlights:

- Asked about the fact that each season only seems to cover just a few weeks of time, Lindelof responded with, "You're making a basic assumption that they've been there as long as [the characters] think they've been there," and hinted that perception may be changed in season 3.

- Cuse promised "more romance on the show this season," leading to a joke that, "there's a reason that Jorge and Daniel are sitting next to each other." Asked if Kate will finally "get with" someone this season, Cuse replied, "Very soon, very soon. We promise," with Lindelof elaborating that, "Within the first six episodes, she will officially be making her selection."

- The producers spoke of writing the characters with the actors in mind, and how Terry O'Quinn's dissatisfaction with Locke's role last season became reflected as Locke became increasingly frustrated pushing the button in the hatch. Lindelof recounted O'Quinn saying, "I want a knife in my hand, and to kill stuff!," and then added, "Oh, you'll get your knife back John Locke."

- In response to a question about what an audience member saw as several wealthy and/or powerful fathers the show has portrayed, Cuse replied, "Father issues are very much a part of the show; something we deal with extensively. All the characters have daddy issues as a common thread." More specifically, though, Lindelof remarked, "There are connections between Mr. Paik and various other parties," referencing Sun's father.

- Cuse said that the fact that they finally revealed the outside world on the season finale is, "Very significant for laying the seeds for a whole new element that is going to come into the show," and that Desmond and Penny are setting up big things. The producers also confirmed that Desmond will indeed be back this season, despite his apparent death in the finale. Burke said there will be some "new regulars" too, but they are still casting.

- It was revealed that JJ Abrams will be co-writing the season premiere with Lindelof, which is titled "A Tale of Two Cities". Abrams will also very likely direct episode seven this season, which will be the show's return in February, following the extended break the series will have after its first six episodes. The producers said they were happy with this new scheduling, as they believed it answered fan complaint about reruns, and allowed the first six episodes to tell a miniseries of sorts.

- Near the middle of the season, Lindelof promised, "something will happen that will effectively fry peoples brains," joking that he was sure it would be another time some would claim the show jumped the shark, but that those were the moments they strive for.

Discuss! :P

Looking forward to the brain-frying!

And the "Real world" stuff. We need more Penny & Desmond.

Am disturbed and confused by the whole "That's assuming they've been on the island as long as they think they've been on the island." stuff. Perhaps the whole of Australia was a carefully orchestrated "game" ala The Truman Show :smile: .

Season 3 sounds freaking awesome though! They just make me want it more by blabbing so mysteriously about it.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=23952

A similar article :P

But this bit made me laugh:

Vincent flashback? When asked why Vincent the dog didn't leave the island with Walt and Michael, Damon said if he had they wouldn't be able to do the Vincent flashback episode!

:lol:

*Imagines Vincent, Michael & Walt talking on the boat* :poki:

Of course, maybe they're saving a Vincent flashback for the big finale. You know, the one where it reveals he's in league with "the others" and he's orchestrating the whole thing. :P

On a serious note, if there's one thing they could add to season 3, I'd love to see Rousseu's flashbacks, how she came to the island, who she came with, what happened all those years ago, etc.

I reckon Jack's dad & Suns' dad are related (not literally!) in terms of the "big picture", in fact, the entire show seems to be about "Father Issues" (Sawyer, Kate, Jin & Sun, Locke, etc.).

And of course, "the others" will turn out to be "the good people". David's got the Vincent theory, I've got my "others are actually good" theory, what's everyone elses pet take on the show?

Im definetley with you on the Suns father is involved somehow, I think the group of others that captured Jack and co are good, but I also think there are another group of others (the ones Eko and Jin saw the feet of) that are alot nastier and quite savage, the ones with the kids!

I love the fact they have a boat now..lets see more of the four toed foot, the black rock and the radio tower!

• Moderators

I think the 'dad' think is pretty obvious, or at least more obvious than SOME things in Lost lol

I'm just wondering where they're gonna take us at the end of this first story arc of Season 3! Can't be as surprising as the end of S2 surely? :vader:

I'm still waiting for the next Claire flashback, where it shows that I am the true daddy to her baby, and it shows how I got her pregnant, me being played by me ofcourse ;)

Yeah, I'm sure they mentioned something about you having a "prolonged cameo" of sorts in a Claire flashback episode. :dance:

So you've sneakily replaced the actual script with your own script, right? Cos they film it at such a pace, they'll never know. Just sneak on set and the circle will be complete, so to speak. :vader:

Emilie: "Next scene, some guy called Mattzo's in it. Not worked with him before."

Damen Lindelof: "Look love, this airs in two days, just do the scene."

Emile: *shrugs* "Well, O.K."

:YAHOO:

• Moderators

I'm hoping with the Vincent flashback episode, they'll provide subtitles for when he barks, like with Korean translations!

Jin: Hoyi woyi toyi!

Vincent: BARK WOOF WOOF! I'm a dog, I have enough trouble understanding English, do you think anyone has really tought me Korean? IDIOT!

You know it'd be a good episode :vader:

Edited by DavidB

Give it up about the dog! lol

I want to find out about the woman Jacks dad went to see with Anna Lucia, he wanted to see his daughter! We assume shes young because of the woman hes talking to, but that could have been a friend or roomate, she could be jacks age and be Jacks sister, hell it could have been Claire!

And really want to know how Locke lost the abilty to walk!