Billy Dee Williams

Indiana

I saw that Billy Dee Williams was advertised in some movie magazine this month as being a guest at Collectormania 3, but there has been no mention of him on the site.

Could someone either confirm or deny Mr Williams as a guest please? I have a friend who was going to make an overseas journey just to see him and they would like to know so that they can book a plane ticket.

Cheers

Obi-Wan

Hey People!

Heres some info on Billy Dee Williams you might want to hear about before you go to C4 if he goes:

This was from an American man who met him last year

I was thrilled to find out that Billy Dee Williams would be attending and signing at Celebration II, almost as much as Carrie Fisher. Well, it turned out to be my most disappointing visit. At first I thought I would not be getting his autograph as he seemed to come and go, and the long lines kept getting cut off. I did finally show up just as they were reopening the line, and got my chance. I got to the table, and his assistant asked my name, and took my figure and photo. He then handed the items to Billy Dee Williams and told him my name. The items were signed in a very assembly line style where he signed the item and shoved it in my direction. He never once looked up at me, even when I said thank you. Other people have said he was friendly and would look up and talk, so maybe I just caught him at a bad time. Nevertheless, my experience did not create a positive memory. I'm still grateful he was there, and he did personalize my items. Maybe I'll catch him again at a better time.

And this one was from a Star Wars autograph site

This is one of the rare photos of Billy Dee, as we weren't allowed to take photos; also Mr. Williams did not look up for 90% of his signings, so here is a rare shot! No, he didn't look up for us either and when my hubby asked a question, he didn't respond.

I know they all could of catched him at a bad time, or maybe he was not well, but still that does not mean to be very rude when people have payed to meet him, I will look very much forward to swapping notes in October if he goes!

• 4 weeks later...

I love actors like that, so up their own ass. The problem is that people want to meet them and they know that. So you have a choice of meeting them and putting up with their attitude or dont.

The only bad experience I have had over the years was with Anthony Daniels. I found him a bit brash, rude and seemed only interested in the money ( which when I met him was £15 per signiture). I could understand if he had been at the event all day, but this was the 1st morning of a 3 day event and I was about the 3rd person he saw with only about 2 others behind me in the queue!

Darryl

Anthony's always been great whenever I've met him. He even allowed me and my wife a private interview with him for my Film Studies degree in 2001 and was charming courteous and great fun too.

I've met plenty of rude celebrities, but by far the rudest so far has been Freddie Prinze Jr and Chris Klein when they were in London at a play. I presented Chris with a photo to sign and he said he couldn't because the photo was taken over a year ago (?), and as for Freddie, well he was only interested in signing for females. I ended up having an argument with him, but I got the signature in the end, for what it's worth. Jam,es Cameron was also very rude when I met him in Hollywood back in 1999.

But for every rude person there are some really nice people like Ewan McGregor, Kelly Brook, Colin Hanks and Christopher Lee among the many others I've met...but that's another thread.

Obi-Wan

I thought Anthony Daniels was nice to, i can see him being very moody and want things done his way, as when i met him he wanted people to stand back, but he did have time to stand and talk to me for 2 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I met Mr Daniels at a show and in my opinion he's a stuck up bosom. As for Billy Dee Williams and celebration II, I think people should remember how many people attend the celebration events, its a hundred times bigger than anything we have in this country and signing that many autographs would take its toll on anybody. I'm going to wait until I meet him and judge for myself.

cheers

Black Sun