To all Chelsea fans...

sweetj_nomad

I think you're being a bit of a hypocrit here actually. You say about him being wrong about the homegrown players and claim that he is "just plain wrong" when he clearly isn't. There have been a good number of Utd players that have been brought into the game by them through their training academies. So actually, you're comments were "just plain wrong". I'm not saying the whole team is home grown but by saying that none of them are, well that's wrong.

964540[/snapback]

Please show me the exact quote where I said that neither of those teams contain any homegrown talent? My exact point was that their successes have been achieved with teams using a mixture of homegrown talent and players bought in. Indeed, by mentioning in an earlier post such players as Beckham, the Neville brothers, Mark Hughes, Paul Scholes I'm obviously admitting a degree of homegrown talent. Hence my first paragraph (complete with crappy typo) which you actually quoted of "it's been a mixture of homegrown polayers and bought-in talent".

Now sir, withdraw that allegation of hypocrisy or it will be pistols at dawn! :WAVE:

I think you're being a bit of a hypocrit here actually. You say about him being wrong about the homegrown players and claim that he is "just plain wrong" when he clearly isn't. There have been a good number of Utd players that have been brought into the game by them through their training academies. So actually, you're comments were "just plain wrong". I'm not saying the whole team is home grown but by saying that none of them are, well that's wrong.

964540[/snapback]

Please show me the exact quote where I said that neither of those teams contain any homegrown talent? My exact point was that their successes have been achieved with teams using a mixture of homegrown talent and players bought in. Indeed, by mentioning in an earlier post such players as Beckham, the Neville brothers, Mark Hughes, Paul Scholes I'm obviously admitting a degree of homegrown talent. Hence my first paragraph (complete with crappy typo) which you actually quoted of "it's been a mixture of homegrown polayers and bought-in talent".

Now sir, withdraw that allegation of hypocrisy or it will be pistols at dawn! ;)

964813[/snapback]

i was gonna go for a quite aggressive reply.. but then you said pistols at dawn and air tongued me (you may deny it, but that's what it is lol) and that in my book is worthy of a comment withdrawal.

consider yourself non-hypocritical :WAVE:

i was gonna go for a quite aggressive reply.. but then you said pistols at dawn and air tongued me (you may deny it, but that's what it is lol) and that in my book is worthy of a comment withdrawal.

consider yourself non-hypocritical  :rolleyes:

964828[/snapback]

Hurrah! A man who is prepared to admit he is wrong (or at least withdraw his accusations) in public. You are a gentleman and living proof that chivalrous behaviour is not a historical anomaly. I salute you, sir!

In the absence of a better smiley you will have to content yourself with this: :lol:

Best wishes for the upcoming weekend - I alas will be in Frankfurt.