Stargate Fic - Long Day

cosmic_llin

Long Day

Disclaimer: Stargate and all related characters, events and places belong to MGM - I am just using them for this non-profit story!

Words: 428

‘Daniel Jackson,’ said Teal’c, loudly.

Several people looked up at him, and one woman tutted.

‘Ssh!’ said Daniel. ‘Museums are traditionally quiet places, Teal’c.’

‘I apologise for failing to observe the traditions of your planet…’

‘That’s country, Teal’c, country. Remember? I don’t want you to get into trouble…’

‘Of course. The traditions of your country.’ Teal’c self-consciously pulled his baseball cap lower over his forehead. ‘I will endeavour to be quiet from now on, however, I…’

‘What is it, Teal’c?’

‘Is it necessary for us to view so many works of art and historical artifacts?’

‘I’m just trying to show you a little of Earth’s history, Teal’c! I thought you were interested in this sort of thing!’

‘I am, Daniel Jackson, but we have been here,’ he checked his watch, ‘five hours, and I must return to Stargate Command in a further two hours. You led me to believe that I would see more of your planet, and instead I have seen only interior spaces and pieces of rock that all seem alike.’

‘Teal’c, they aren’t just pieces of rock! But… that’s not the point, I see that. I’m sorry, I guess I just got carried away…’

‘And I have not eaten in some time…’

‘Sorry…’

‘And when O’Neill took me out for the day we visited a place where food was served while visual and auditory data was displayed on a large screen. In that place also, there were cultural artifacts on the walls. But it was not required to speak quietly.’

‘I know Jack took you to Planet Hollywood, but that isn’t…’

‘And when Major Carter was my companion for the day, we visited a vast parkland where we saw many things. I rode on a rollercoaster. I consumed frozen dairy products.’

Teal’c looked stoic, but he was beginning to speak more urgently, and he was standing very close, towering over Daniel, who cleared his thoat nervously.

‘I didn’t…’

‘I am not yet allowed to leave Stargate Command on my own. I am dependent on the few humans I know to guide me and teach me your ways. And yet you have forced me to spend five hours looking at pieces of rock. This is a betrayal, Daniel Jackson. A betrayal of the very worst kind.’

‘Oh, God, Teal’c, I…’ Daniel stopped and stared at Teal’c. ‘You’re joking,’ he said, flatly.

He raised an eyebrow. ‘I am, Daniel Jackson.’

‘Well, that’s a relief…’ Daniel sighed.

‘Nevertheless, I believe we have seen all there is to see here. May we now go to purchase frozen dairy products?’

Love the story!  I can SO imagine this happening!  It's just like Daniel to carried away in a museum! (Unfortunely I'm sad like that, and I would enjoy five hours in a museum!)  Love your work!  Keep it up!  Sweet little scene!

910600[/snapback]

Nothing sad about that especially in DJ's company XD

You obviously haven't been going to the right museums!

Some of them are wicked cool and you can just spend all day there!

Of course, Danny would make practically any situation you could possibly find yourself in that little bit more interesting... but I'm preaching to the choir here...