FAO Anyone that knows G-Mex or the area

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

In my ANSWERS thread I have 3 unanswered questions that I think someone here maybe able to help with.

They are:

Where can I eat?

Where can I park?

Where can I put my luggage on the first day?

So if you know the area and know of places to either eat or park. And maybe know if there is a locker room in the G-Mex centre. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

There are a number of factors that might affect the answers but:

-Where can I eat?

There are places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Starbucks etc very close to GMex, and basically anything else you'd expect to find in a city within 10mins walk.

-Where can I park?

GMex has a car park. There are other car parks in and around the Great Bridgewater Street. Failing that, there are free carparks along the Metrolink tram route - you could park in one of those and then travel in by tram

-Where can I put my luggage on the first day?

Can't really help with this. I'd assume that there is somewhere in GMex itself.

• Showmasters Admin
There are a number of factors that might affect the answers but:

-Where can I eat?

There are places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Starbucks etc very close to GMex, and basically anything else you'd expect to find in a city within 10mins walk.

-Where can I park?

GMex has a car park. There are other car parks in and around the Great Bridgewater Street. Failing that, there are free carparks along the Metrolink tram route - you could park in one of those and then travel in by tram

-Where can I put my luggage on the first day?

Can't really help with this. I'd assume that there is somewhere in GMex itself.

859516[/snapback]

Cheers :unsure:

On the luggage front, I'm hoping there is somewhere in the G-Mex itself. And I'm hoping someone that's been there can confirm it.

Hello,

Not sure if I can help as I am not from Manchester but my cousin is and he sent this link

http://www.g-mex.co.uk/index.php

The site does give some info about car parking (NCP Car parks) and some others. But it looks like it has not been updated in a while.

It also gives contact phone and email info for the centre.

Hope this helps.

• Showmasters Admin
If you're still troubled at the weekend I'll go for a walk and find out. I need the exercise *sigh*

859818[/snapback]

Cheers :P

The other thing that would be good to know is if there is a cash machine in the hall or at least near by.

In terms of where you can eat theres plenty in Piccadilly Squ. That is just a couple of minutes walk from the G-mex (or if your feeling lazy, a quick tram ride). There are plenty of McDonalds in the city and if you time it right there is a food court in the arndale centre (I think it closes at 7pm).