Sean Connery Ends Acting Career for Good

BluebizzieB

I found the following info from The Indy Experience Website:

July 31st, 2005

One of the greatest actors of all time - the original James Bond and dear ol' dad to the greatest swashbuckling archaeologist of all time - Sir Sean Connery, is officially calling it quits. Scotland on Sunday reports that Sir Sean has ended his acting career (one that spanned over five decades) with Connery commenting, "I'm fed up with the idiots ... the ever-widening gap between people who know how to make movies and the people who green-light the movies. I don't say they're all idiots. I'm just saying there's a lot of them that are very good at it [being idiots]."

Connery went on to say that "It would almost need a Mafia-like offer I couldn't refuse to do another movie."

Steven Spielberg once said, "There are only seven genuine movie stars in the world today, and Sean is one of them." I could not agree more. Connery's contributions to film over the years will be loved and remembered for years to come. So if Connery really is through with his career, it looks as though he won't be returning as Professor Henry Jones Sr. in Indiana Jones 4 as many fans had hoped. Then again, if anyone can do it, I'm sure that Spielberg could work up an offer Connery couldn't refuse.

So if it is all over with, we at The Indy Experience.com would like to say thank you, Sir Connery for all of your work over the years - hats off.

To learn more about Sean Connery's career, visit IMDB.com.

I thought me and Clare were the only people who didnt like him :P

I love Scottish accents so much, but, that mans, I HATE. he doesnt sound Scottish just retarded. I can not stand him, never liked him, really do not mind if he never acts again :P

I have never been a fan of Sean Connery, he was the best bond, but that was it, he was in some sh!te films, and acted sh!te too! :D

848716[/snapback]

Hmm..his performance as the Richard the Lionheart springs to mind. The only King of England I know, with a Scottish accent :D

Can't fault him as James Bond though, he was always my favourite, and I loved him in Indiana Jones.

My estimation of him went down though after his famous quote of how to treat women "an open handed slap is acceptable", such a gentleman :unsure:

I have never been a fan of Sean Connery, he was the best bond, but that was it, he was in some sh!te films, and acted sh!te too! :D

848716[/snapback]

Hmm..his performance as the Richard the Lionheart springs to mind. The only King of England I know, with a Scottish accent :D

Can't fault him as James Bond though, he was always my favourite, and I loved him in Indiana Jones.

My estimation of him went down though after his famous quote of how to treat women "an open handed slap is acceptable", such a gentleman :unsure:

848764[/snapback]

I'd accept the slap if he accepted hot poker! :o

I hope he gets involved in a donkey fire, and burns to death. Everybody will laugh at his funeral... if there's enough of him left to bury, of course.

848841[/snapback]

Do I want to know?!?:lol:

Oh I also guess Sean Connery won't be turning up to any Showmasters events now :lol: