Showmasters: PLEASE tell us

undomiel

This is a plea to showmasters on behalf of people, like me, who can only attend one LOTR screening. PLEASE will you tell us which actors will be at each film?! It's really agonising not knowing whether or not you've picked the right one to see your favourite star. When the tickets went on sale it was excruciating to have to choose between them - to make the "wrong" choice when, equally, you could have gone for the other one, is painful (whatever happened to "first come, first served"?). Anyway, that's water under the bridge. Now all the tickets are sold, what justification could there possibly be for prolonging the agony? Surely we have a fundamental right to know what we're getting for our hard-earned money? To be disappointed now, but have time to get used to it, would be easier than facing that disappointment on the night itself.

I'm coming a long way to be at Collectormania, and it's part of my 21st birthday. It could well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; it means a lot to me. All I want is to be able to look forward to it, rather than feeling anxious in case it backfires. Please understand this from a fan's point of view.

Could someone please reply?

The situation's worse in light of the news that the hobbits will be unable to sign autographs on the Saturday. I can only stay till mid-afternoon on the Sunday, then I have to catch my flight home. I'm more than a bit worried that I may not get to meet Elijah. This screening could be my only chance to see him.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

Whilst we appreciate that people want to know whom they are going to see at the screenings, we will not be releasing this information. There are many reasons for this, not least of which is a security issue. When we originally came up with this way of selling the tickets, it was done largely to stop scalpers buying tickets, and then selling them on for hugely inflated prices, based upon which guests would be at which screening. We wanted the tickets to go to the fans, and whilst no way of doing this is perfect, we do feel that very little, if any scalping has gone on, and that the tickets reached the people they should.

We will be splitting the guests between the screenings in what we feel is a fair way, and we do not feel that anyone will be disappointed with what is sure to be an excellent nights entertainment. You have to rememeber that with under 300 tickets per screening, this is perhaps one of the most intimate question and answer sessions that the guys will have done anywhere in the world, and they are doing it for you!

I hope that people can understand our position on this. I felt it was necessary to pass comment on some of the posts expressed on this point, but I do now feel the matter is closed. The first time anyone will know who is at what screening will be when the guests enter their seperate screens at the cinema on Saturday evening.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

Mark

Hi there,

Whilst we appreciate that people want to know whom they are going to see at the screenings, we will not be releasing this information. There are many reasons for this, not least of which is a security issue. When we originally came up with this way of selling the tickets, it was done largely to stop scalpers buying tickets, and then selling them on for hugely inflated prices, based upon which guests would be at which screening. We wanted the tickets to go to the fans, and whilst no way of doing this is perfect, we do feel that very little, if any scalping has gone on, and that the tickets reached the people they should.

We will be splitting the guests between the screenings in what we feel is a fair way, and we do not feel that anyone will be disappointed with what is sure to be an excellent nights entertainment. You have to rememeber that with under 300 tickets per screening, this is perhaps one of the most intimate question and answer sessions that the guys will have done anywhere in the world, and they are doing it for you!

I hope that people can understand our position on this. I felt it was necessary to pass comment on some of the posts expressed on this point, but I do now feel the matter is closed. The first time anyone will know who is at what screening will be when the guests enter their seperate screens at the cinema on Saturday evening.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

Mark

Heee for some reason I feel like givin u a big hug mark! lol *gives mark a big hug!* ...Its more fun this way! More exciting!..Well..For those of us that are going to both screenings anyway

While I'm not desperate to know who'll be at the screening cos I am lucky enough to be there on both "Hobbit Days" I do think it's totally unfair for the people who have only one day to meet their fave lotr star.

Cos the queues are gonna be long, so you may as well pick the guys who aren't gonna be at the screening you're attending, right? So how can you choose which ones to queue for on the Sunday when we don't know which ones will be at our screening that night????

• Moderators

Whether ya think it's unfair or not ... they're still not gonna tell ya i'm afraid .. they've chosen to do it this way, so lets respect it, im sure they dont wanna read a bunch of ppl complaining when they've got enough stress trying to organise C4 ... i know every1's entitled to their opinion but it's REALLY not gonna change as they have ALREADY said time and again so why waste ur time and theirs? Stop posting complaints about it cuz it's unfair on them ok? I'm not having a go, I just think ppl shud stop it, it's been going on for days in various threads and no-one seems to listen.

Showmasters are NOT going to tell you, no matter how much you complain.

End of story, so don't even bother. I'm saving u time and effort! :huh: