Goonies Screening

How much more can it cost to have it in a pub?
Was that intended as a serious suggestion?

I am in agrement with emotional vampire. Yes it is meant as a serious suggestion..."Buffy" is EXTREMELY popular and other organisers arrange Evenings with... in pubs with stars such as James Marsters, who is a major heart throb, probably one of the most popular stars of the show and has a massive fan base.

If there are security issues with Sean. Surely he will have security with him when he is signing in the middle of a shopping centre ? If a small pub is hired out for the evening (For example www.pagesbar.com often hold these types of events) for a controlled number of people surely thats more secure than a public mall ?

There are enough fans on this board who would snap up tickets. If you look at the various random threads relating to Corey and the Goonies you can see the wide birth of fans.

Sorry to sound off as I am delighted that they are all coming anyway, just didnt agree with the comments you made ;)

Edited by kelso70

..."Buffy" is EXTREMELY popular and other organisers arrange Evenings with... in pubs with stars such as James Marsters, who is a major heart throb, probably one of the most popular stars of the show and has a massive fan base.

You make some very good points, however, Buffy, in itself may be very popular, however when placed in comparative terms with the Lord of the Rings (which grossed millions in its first weeked, and attracts not only fans of the actors but fans of the book itself) there would need to be a massively increased amount of security and popularity.

The popularity of the films/actors themselves would attract showmasters to hold the relevant events, because at the end of the day, they HAVE to break even, and the more money that comes in the better, and to be truthfull, the is a larger fanbase for Lord of the Rings and actors in this place alone than for any other show/film.

It's understandable that people are dissapointed there is no goonies showing, i would be too if i were a huge fan of it. But looking at it from showmasters perspective, there would be no point in having say Ten Talks (for an example) and cutting down on more popular talks to cater for the less popular films and in the long run, recieving less money, than running ten talks, all hugely popular, and i mean HUGELY popular and recieving that needed cash. Sensibly, you would go for the most popular set of events, ensuring a larger income.

In this sort of business, money comes first, and customer satisfaction comes a very close second. Because without the money, there wouldn't even be a chance to satisfy.

~J :)

Edit: Ahh, and thankyou DavidSimons for taking your time to organise these events. Vereh Happy

Edited by Jcahb

Ive never moaned and complained about anything that Showmasters have provided, but come one, both LotR's films running on both days? What happened there? Did you happen to forget about fans of other films? Seems a bit unfair really.

Fair enough, Goonies is an old film so the chances of getting a cinema style copy would probably be very hard. But what about 'An Evening With'? When else would you get a chance to have 3 people together for such a cult film?

Its been said before and now Im going to say it. It seems that LotR fans are better catered for than anyone else.

i agree. let's ask Showmasters for a refund

the thing about holding evening withs in pubs and bars is that fans under the age of 18 cannot attend, so already you are limiting how many tickets you will sell!

Can't you go in pubs at the age of 16 just not able to buy drinks; or have I just done more illegal things then I first thought? :unsure:

ill have you know lotr is very very popular..

u just go to ebay and type in goon..hey..

what an idea... *goes to check if theres any goonie stuff on ebay*

There was Goonie trading cards on there before, but the guy wouldn't sell me them as he wouldn't take a credit card payment through eBay. The big meanie.

There was Goonie trading cards on there before, but the guy wouldn't sell me them as he wouldn't take a credit card payment through eBay. The big meanie.

There are a number of good trading card dealers. One of the best is Paul Hart and he attends Collectormania as a dealer. I'm sure he can get Goonies cards for you and bring them to you there. I know he takes credit cards 'cos he's filled mine before ;)

His website (includes contact details) is http://www.tradingcardsuk.com/frames.asp

There are a number of good trading card dealers. One of the best is Paul Hart and he attends Collectormania as a dealer. I'm sure he can get Goonies cards for you and bring them to you there. I know he takes credit cards 'cos he's filled mine before ;)

His website (includes contact details) is http://www.tradingcardsuk.com/frames.asp

you evil evil brilliant man! My credit card is so going to hate you! lol

Thank you :D

My credit card is so going to hate you! lol

Thank you :o

Hey my credit card hates me so no reason other peoples shouldn't hate me as well. :D

My credit card keeps explaining it wants to rest in its nice little wallet. Do you know it really hates being in those machines which imprint cc details onto multipart paper. My card tells me its very scary when the runners go over it.

Ok. The guy's lost it. :D Call for the men in white coats. ;);)

My credit card is so going to hate you! lol

Thank you  :D

Hey my credit card hates me so no reason other peoples shouldn't hate me as well. :D

My credit card keeps explaining it wants to rest in its nice little wallet. Do you know it really hates being in those machines which imprint cc details onto multipart paper. My card tells me its very scary when the runners go over it.

Ok. The guy's lost it. :lol: Call for the men in white coats. ;):(

I think those men are busy with me at the minute!

The credit cards might hate us, but I bet the companies love us!