Pierce Brosnan has jacked it in

Count Fooku

I saw an interview with Pierce Brosnan on BBC london news tongiht promoting his new film.

He said he would not be playing the part of James Bond again, he was apparently in negotiations to play the part in one more film but these have apparently broken down according to him.

On BBC teletext is also says that he has said he thinks Colin Farrell would be the best one to take it over.

I'm not sure if this is all on the level or if its just a way of drumming up some extra publicity for his new film which looks like it might not get a great deal of attention otherwise.

Also not too sure on Colin Farrell, whilst he would be a better choice than someone like Orlando Bloom as he does have the personality I can't help but feel he is just too short!

Similar reply in the latest edition of Empire, shame as if it's an age thing I thought he had at least one more outing as Bond in him.

Pierce is on Jonathon Ross on Friday, I'm sure the Bond question will be asked.

Also not too sure on Colin Farrell, whilst he would be a better choice than someone like Orlando Bloom as he does have the personality I can't help but feel he is just too short!

How tall is James Bond supposed to be ?

Colin is about 5'10"

Blimey, I had never realised that all the others that played Bond are almost the same height. Most are 6'2", only Roger Moore comes in slightly shorter at 6'1"

Mind you Tom Cruise is only 5'9" and he has had no trouble playing action heroes. I am not saying he should be James Bond, but I don't think Colin's height should necessarily hold him back.

Still waiting for that lift.... :blush:

I watched back Jonathon Ross from Friday evening (Peter Kay was a legend!!!) and Pierce was very professional about his comments, but you could see he was p*ssed off.

I do back his suggestion of Colin Farrell to be the next Bond though.

Doookie...