How is your favourite director?

Tippin

okay so there have only been two directors so far but you can still chose between them...I chose Chris because I was so disappointed in PoA and the whole Oliver would got me so angry I just, it has to be Chris, Columbus for OotP! lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See now I felt that PoA was too creative and more like a PS2 game than a movie! I mean the wipes between scenes ARGH!

I rather that than a cartoon. Seriously the colours in the first two movies were shocking, especially in the first movie it was far too bright.

POA suits how it should look because the books get darker as each progresses but the first two don't really represent that at all.

For an experiment I should ask my animation teacher what he thinks of them as we were having a lovely 15 minute discussion last week about J. K Rowling's site. :rolleyes:

lol ok in my 3D asset creation class tomorrow I am going to ask my teacher what he thinks was better :P

Was going to ask today but didn't think it would go to well as I was supposed to be working on a CD ROM at least asset creation is more up the right alley :D

I support you Tippin!!!!

chris was gr8!!!!

alfonso was gd but the scenes weren't right

he missed too much out ESPECIALLY the fact that it was Oliver's last year AND HE WASN'T IN IT!!!!!!

yes chris's was slightly cartoonish but at least the acting was good. (no offence to any of the actors but the acting was stiff in PoA. Sorry)

Those first two movies really annoyed me just 'cos it was dark in the book..and it was always too bright in those movies :unsure:

Maybe that's not a good reason but it's just the way I feel about that Columbus..

and yes,I agree that it was a huuuge mistake from Alfonso not to take Oliver in PoA. :lol:

I support you Tippin!!!!

chris was gr8!!!!

alfonso was gd but the scenes weren't right

he missed too much out ESPECIALLY the fact that it was Oliver's last year AND HE WASN'T IN IT!!!!!!

yes chris's was slightly cartoonish but at least the acting was good. (no offence to any of the actors but the acting was stiff in PoA. Sorry)

-huggles- yay Rosie! Very stiff acting and far too much was missing from PoA Just from reading the first chapter of the book again I'm already regretting the fact that the film was made!

I have to go with POA and Alfonso.

I like all the films to some extent, but I think POA is the better film.

And it's because it's different from the book. I know there is stuff in the book that SHOULD have been in the film, but it's too predictable to throw the entire book on the screen. It has to be different. Film is a completely different medium. Some things work. Some don't. And as a director, I think Alfonso's choices were right.

I like the first 2, but the fact that they're identical to the books is just really boring. :lol::huh:

I have to go with POA and Alfonso.

I like all the films to some extent, but I think POA is the better film.

And it's because it's different from the book. I know there is stuff in the book that SHOULD have been in the film, but it's too predictable to throw the entire book on the screen. It has to be different. Film is a completely different medium. Some things work. Some don't. And as a director, I think Alfonso's choices were right.

I like the first 2, but the fact that they're identical to the books is just really boring. :o^_^

Actually you have a very good point there it is a different medium so it should be different, if it's going to be exactly like the book there is no point in having it because your imagination can do exactly the same and it would cost less ;)

I love the fact that Emma Watsons acting improved dramatically in PoA, however the film as a whole was pants. They left out far too much. Whereas CC left out very little.

Therefore CC for every other HP film, unless of course PETER JACKSON is willing to give it a go.