Questions for the Buffy Q and A

GoldenGreen

I'd ask Nic if he'd ever do his own Xander series cuz I've always thought he was the best character.

Interesting.

That is the first time I have heard someone saying that Xander should have his own series.

Do you envisage him having some sort of inherites power, or would he still be a regular guy, working as a Demon Hunter, or something similar ?

I quite like the idea of Xander having his own series too, he is pretty funny. I don't think he'd have any special powers just end up being caught in the middle of situations while trying to kill demons! He'd possibly need a sidekick who had some powers while he could provide the comedy element.

I'm really looking forward to the talk and would love to ask a question, but not sure what I'd ask. Will have to have a serious think. There's always the kinda normal, whats your favourite epsiode, which character would you like to have played if you didn't play the one you did. Or maybe what would you like to have happened to your character that didn't.

Will keep thinking... <_<

• Moderators

Xander was always really funny, but beneath that he was a very strong and loyal character, and I think he'd have the strength of character to carry a show ... yeah I do think they'd need someone who had some kinda powers, but Xander should stay how he is :D

• Moderators

Well I wouldn't complain if Faith was used but I think she'd be stronger on her own perhaps, I've always thought the character was better than Buffy in many aspects. I quite like the idea of having Andrew, but I thought his scenes with Spike were probably the best, and that Andrew/Xander are quite similar in character so I'm not sure that'd work too well ... think it was always best when all the characters had their own separate personalities like in the Scooby Gang.

Yeah, Spike and Andrew are great together. They could have there own show! Agree that Faith would be better doing her own 'Faith the Vampire Slayer' series with cameos from all the guys.

Maybe Xander and Willow? I think I would prefer someone completely new to the Buffyverse or maybe someone like Gwen from Angel? The possibilities are endless...

• Moderators

I was always a Xander/Willow fan, kinda wanted them to get together really! Although I did like Tara ... can't say I liked Kennedy all that much, and I was never sure about Anya but was sad when she died! I think Nic and Alyson have great on screen chemistry tho, especially when they were vamps together, I'd love to see a few more episodes like that, they're the ones I enjoyed the most! :lol: Oooh maybe a series set in an alternate Buffverse .. that could be interesting, hmmm. Andrew/Spike definitely has a lot of possibilities, kinda like Batman n Robin really :rolleyes: Can't say I'd say no to more Gwen tho :blink:

I was always a Xander/Willow fan, kinda wanted them to get together really! Although I did like Tara ... can't say I liked Kennedy all that much, and I was never sure about Anya but was sad when she died! I think Nic and Alyson have great on screen chemistry tho, especially when they were vamps together, I'd love to see a few more episodes like that, they're the ones I enjoyed the most! :D Oooh maybe a series set in an alternate Buffverse .. that could be interesting, hmmm. Andrew/Spike definitely has a lot of possibilities, kinda like Batman n Robin really ;) Can't say I'd say no to more Gwen tho :D

The alternate Buffy verse with Vamp Willow and Vamp Xander was great.

If Willow was the main character with powers in the series, it would be important they didn't get too close to Charmed from a Witch sort of angle.

Spike and Andrew as Batman and Robin types would be entertaining, but I am with you on the Gwen Raiden front. A seriously cool character.

• Moderators

Yeah I've always thought Willow as a main character in a series might be too close to Charmed ... at least as part of Buffy, they had so many other different types of characters that it never necessarily seemed too similar to Charmed. I think Alyson's great, she's got so many different depths from comedy to tragedy, I have no doubt she could carry a show, it's just the character itself that could present problems. Xander I think was always ready to break out of the nerdy funny guy role but never QUITE did it the way he should have - I know at the end of S6 he was the 'hero' as such BUT not many people actually liked S6 that much ...

• 2 weeks later...