Still no more SW guests added?

Darth_Owl

While I admit that getting the 5 hobbits is a big catch I am confused and dissapointed at the lack of Star Wars guests. I seriously hope that Showmasters have something special to pull out of the bag for us SW fans - Hayden, Hammil, Lee perhaps?

Perhaps collectormania should be renamed to Hobbitmania? :firedevil:

Im confident that the big catch is Billy Dee for us star wars fans. In all honesty here I dont want them to announce further big named star wars people now, Im going to be queueing all day long for the hobbits as it is and really do not want to miss out. You get me? Im only there for a day and I really want the 4 hobbits. Its a good job that Ive met Billy Dee before otherwise Id be gutted.

Its clear to see that LOTR is the focus this time. I suggest that for star wars, you will have to look elsewhere!

If you count the shows listed on the forum that people have asked for guests from (Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, HP, Farscape, Stargate, Horror etc. etc.). I'm certain it would come to more than 30 shows. With only room for 30 guests some people are therefore certain to be disappointed.

Personally I think with an opportunity to get 5 hobbits there was no way SM could be expected to turn that down. I'm not that fussed about LOTR myself, but I'm pleased for the fans of the show. Next time maybe they'll be more SW people in which case someone else will be disappointed.

Whoever they get SM can't please everyone. But I've faith in them. Guests they don't get this time we might see at C5 or C6. Whatever happens their line-up is so superior to any of the other shows around that I'm happy with what they're doing.

I've seen "so-called" SW shows that would have got Billy Dee Williams and one or two of the very regular SW names (no offense to them) and then called it a day. So I think with BDW our friends SM have adequately met the SW contingents needs (not that more SW guests like Mr. Lee or Mr. Hamill would go amiss).

I see where you are coming from with your point about getting 5 hobbits, but lets remember that 3 of the LOTR guests listed for C4 were at C3 (which was only a few short months ago).

I guess I'm more dissapointed due to the fact that for the last couple of years Showmasters have brought "a new hope" (excuse the pun) to us Star Wars fans - fantastic guests at the last 2 events and then all of a sudden its like -"you're getting Billy Dee and that's your lot!"

I would like to think that the Star Wars representation should at least be in line with the number of Star Trek guests. After all, if it wasn't for SW and ST then the likelyhood is that LOTR would never have become the phenomenon it has (in terms of merchandise).

Well, I guess if Billy Dee is the only SW guest to be there then I'll have a short trip. Suppose I should think of my pocket!!! Still dissapointed though. I hope that if Showmasters don't take up the mantel for us SW fans then someone else will!

What's the chance of 5 lead roles from Episode III coming to Collectormania in the summer of 2005?!!

Very slim to slim? :P:lol:

Let's not forget there are still quite a few guests to be announced yet. The list is already packed with LOTR stars and I can't see anymore of them being announced. I'm expecting, and hoping that some more SW guests will be announced soon!

i think there trying to get as much lotr gueests in because this year the last lotr film is coming out so they want to try and get as many people as the can from lotr so they mont need to get as many for c5!!!!!!!!!!!and in 2005 they will have loads of sw people there because the new film comes out in 2oo5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy? :D

I can understand your disappointment Darth_Owl, but would you really be any happier if SM rolled out Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker and Mike Edmonds again, just to make up numbers?

They are not deliberately snubbing the Star Wars fans, I'm sure that if they had the chance of having Chistopher Lee, they would jump at it but it's getting difficult to find good new guests that haven't done much before. There's not really enough interest to bring along the third ewok to the left, and most of the main Star Wars people will be filming Episode III at the moment.

As for major cast from the original trilogy, securing these people tend to require a combination of availability, willingness to attend, realistic appearance fee and blind luck.

I trust Showmasters and I'm confident it won't be long before they manage to scoop some great SW guests. By having such awesome LOTR guests from what is currently the world's biggest movie franchise, they are building an incredible reputation for the show meaning it will hopefully be easier to attract top names to future shows.

Patience young padawan!

spudulator

There are numerous "lower key" actors from the prequels as well as the original trilogy that have not done many signings over here in the past, so it wouldn't have to be the likes of Kenny, Mike Edmunds, etc.

But in answer to your question - Kenny would be most welcome, as would Mike and Jeremy Bulloch. I would pay to get all of their autograph's again as there is always something else in my collection to get signed.

• Showmasters Admin
I can understand your disappointment Darth_Owl, but would you really be any happier if SM rolled out Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker and Mike Edmonds again, just to make up numbers?

They are not deliberately snubbing the Star Wars fans, I'm sure that if they had the chance of having Chistopher Lee, they would jump at it but it's getting difficult to find good new guests that haven't done much before. There's not really enough interest to bring along the third ewok to the left, and most of the main Star Wars people will be filming Episode III at the moment.

As for major cast from the original trilogy, securing these people tend to require a combination of availability, willingness to attend, realistic appearance fee and blind luck.

I trust Showmasters and I'm confident it won't be long before they manage to scoop some great SW guests. By having such awesome LOTR guests from what is currently the world's biggest movie franchise, they are building an incredible reputation for the show meaning it will hopefully be easier to attract top names to future shows.

Patience young padawan!

spudulator

This really is a very well thought out post. I have to say that it pretty much covers why there are no more Star Wars guests at the moment, although do bear with us as all hope is not yet lost for Star Wars fans.

Showmasters