SHOWMASTERS...HELP ME!!

Nell

I think someone has it in for me today. I'm I'll, my keyboard is playing silly beggars, My emails won't send and I could scream about now! The reason for this topic is that my brower keeps randomly logging me out, and because the squiggly thing won't wrk on my keyboard I won't be able to log back in if it does it again. As my email's won't send this is the only way I can ask you to get rid of the stars and squiggly things in my name so I can log in ok. Nell See, that works! at least :angry: sorry to be a pain! but I can't not post on the forum, I'm addicted, you're stuck with me! mwaha! If I get logged out before you have a chance to read this or do anything about it I think I may actually cry. :lol:

Edited by *~Nell~*

• Showmasters Admin

Nell,

Just a thought. Why not copy your name from the forum (highlight and CNTL c) and then paste (CNTL V) it into text pad note then save it on your desktop. Then if you get logged out you can simply open the text file, copy it and paste it back in to the logon page.

Hope that helps,

Stuart.

• Showmasters Admin

Another thing you could do is use the on-screen Keyboard:

To open On-Screen Keyboard, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click On-Screen Keyboard.

Then click on SHIFT and then the ~ button.

When did you stopping being able to use the ~ symbol. Did you change any settings on your PC or is it just the dead key?

If it's not a dead key make sure you have your laugauge set to English UK and not US. Because they have a different keyboard layout than us and you'll find that the ~ on a US keyboard is in the top left hand corner the one below the Esc key.

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

Thanks for the help Too Tall, but I can't find the onscreen keyboard either!! and just to make me feel that little bit more thick, I didnt realise theres a star button, like, just a star! deeeeerrrr *uses star button to illustrate headslap!!* I think the key is dead, anyone know the code for hash!? the symbol not the drug, obviously. :unsure: anywho I think I may have to email you Andrea! dontcha just love technology!?