First of all, this topic is not mean to be bashing nor insulting in anyway towards the people behind the organisation. So, please do not post such things here, this is intended more as a suggestion topic so that certain things that where not good or that could be improved can be taken into the consideration by the organiser if he reads them.
I will write down few things that come to my mind and i hope that others might also contribute in order that next DST is improved and even better so that everyone can enjoy even more in it.
1. Lack of the closing ceremony: after 3 days spend at the convention I felt rather bad when everything just suddenly stopped after Keating&Trineer talk. It would have been nice to wrap all 3 days of this event in some closing ceremony so that thank you and good bye was said in friendly manner.
2. Klingon zone: although as an idea is great it could have been more klingon no? today with all cad / cnc machines it shouldnt be hard nor expensive to cut some simple bathlet shapes from plywood and some other klingon items that are not too complex to do and with bit of paint and faux leather to make some cool props which would surely give lot of spice and flavour to overall look and joy of the visitors.
3. No more gongs: although it was sympathic and fun for brief period after a while it turned into really annoying thing especially since cause of it many guest talks where rudely interrupted.
4. More seating options for people who want to rest. For example on both party nights many people did want to see the performance but due to the small crowded space many have left to other side, klingon zone to sit down. especially when you take in consideration that majority of people spend entire day on their feet, walking around additional options to be able to sit and watch the show could be nice.
5. Perhaps band stage can be combined with talk stage b? As i wrote above small band stage didnt allow all visitors to see the performance in proper way and if placed on bit bigger stage many people could have used the seating area both to relax and see the performers.
6. Microphone issues: due to the several issues with microphones on stage B, we lost lot of time on few talks.
7. Lighting issues, in the beginning, for opening ceremony and first talks on saturday morning, the light was incredibly strong on main stage that guests couldnt even look at the audience which seems like such elementary mistake to do.
8. in photo area B photographers always called for people with gold or platinum tickets so that they have line privilege, however in area A noone called and when i showed my ticket package i was told to go back to wait in the line. Perhaps more coordination about this could be done.
9. Perhaps opening ceremony can be little bit longer and more rich with details, videos shown, some performance, more of the show event than just quick walk of guests with hi and bye.