33 replies to this topic

#21 TerraHawk

TerraHawk

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Thats a good question, most of those who go around at bigger events do it for charity.

I think there might even be something else on the same weekend.

There might be one or two I suppose.

I'd imagine someone with a eg a Stormtrooper costume might get an extra thrill wearing it at Elstree, where stormtroopers have actually walked!

#22 swsigsuk

swsigsuk

Best Boy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Guest/price list in first post has been updated.

Regarding the costume question I am not sure but I wouldn't expect it to be a huge aspect of the show as space is limited.

#23 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

That's a shame? That usually makes these events even better

#24 jamie

jamie

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

That's a shame? That usually makes these events even better

i suppose the problem being the limit set by the studio on how many people can be inside if they got people in it would of meant less ticket sales and more dissapointed people

#25 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thats a good question, most of those who go around at bigger events do it for charity.

I'd imagine someone with a eg a Stormtrooper costume might get an extra thrill wearing it at Elstree, where stormtroopers have actually walked!

I'm going to be taking along a few Lightsabers seeing it was at Elstree where they were first ignited. It will be somewhat cool emerging from Elstree and Borehamwood clutching a Lightsaber. But thats possibly as far as I will go cosplay wise

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#26 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'm going to be taking along a few Lightsabers seeing it was at Elstree where they were first ignited. It will be somewhat cool emerging from Elstree and Borehamwood clutching a Lightsaber. But thats possibly as far as I will go cosplay wise

Any more guest news now? Like actors from the movies?

#27 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Any more guest news now? Like actors from the movies?

No more actors and I doubt we'll see anything more now

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#28 jamie

jamie

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

[/quote]

saying that you never know it was said the more ticket sales meant more guests and now its a sell out we might get one or two more if we are lucky

#29 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

[quote name='jamie' date='Apr 26 2012, 01:38 PM' post='1724320']
[/quote]

saying that you never know it was said the more ticket sales meant more guests and now its a sell out we might get one or two more if we are lucky
[/quote]

Thats quite true, I'm surprised that Warwick hasnt been mentioned, hes ALWAYS fun at events but not sure what hes up to at late would be nice to see him there and the same with Mike Edmonds also Jeremy Bulloch I did see in the press release a few days ago that any Guests interested should contact Jason so maybe they are in last minute discussions over this.

i think that also people may have already allocated their money for specific people or travelling etc and what with the enormity of the Auction list we may see some multi billionaires attending lol

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#30 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

[quote name='KingRichard76' date='Apr 26 2012, 02:06 PM' post='1724328']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats quite true, I'm surprised that Warwick hasnt been mentioned, hes ALWAYS fun at events but not sure what hes up to at late would be nice to see him there and the same with Mike Edmonds also Jeremy Bulloch I did see in the press release a few days ago that any Guests interested should contact Jason so maybe they are in last minute discussions over this.

i think that also people may have already allocated their money for specific people or travelling etc and what with the enormity of the Auction list we may see some multi billionaires attending lol
[/quote]
Lets hope so i would like to think as this was advertised as such a important event and with ticket sale starting at 60 upwards that we would see more actors than camera men?

#31 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

[quote name='rebnah' date='Apr 26 2012, 05:29 PM' post='1724393']
[quote name='KingRichard76' date='Apr 26 2012, 02:06 PM' post='1724328']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Lets hope so i would like to think as this was advertised as such a important event and with ticket sale starting at 60 upwards that we would see more actors than camera men?
[/quote]

To be honest I wrongly predicted about a month or so ago that the big guest announcement may have been Carrie Fisher - people on FB etc kept predicting Harrison (never gonna happen) Ford or even George Lucas to attend.

Will be nice to see Kenny, Dave and Rusty again but quite possibly Showmasters will pull something out of the hat between now and next week - glad that we have Norman Reynolds and Colin Skeaping.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#32 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Would have been cool to meet Anthony Daniels !

#33 rebnah

rebnah

Runner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

No Peter Mayhew?

#34 nosfer2

nosfer2

Art Director

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Peter Mayhew now lives in the States so it would be unlikely for him to attend. Anthony Daniels does not work with Showmasters.

My Most Wanted Guests:
Batman: Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Danny Devito
Doctor Who: Catherine Tate
Ghost Busters: Dan Ackroyd, Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis
Spaced: Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes, Nick Frost, Julia Deakin, Mark Heap, Katy Carmichael, Peter Serafinowicz
Star Trek: Wil Wheaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosalind Chao, Diana Muldaur, Barbara March, Kirstie Alley, Catherine Hicks, Laurence Luckinbill, Kim Cattrall, Christopher Plummer, James Cromwell, Alfre Woodard, F Murray Abraham, Donna Murphy, Ron Perlman, Jolene Blalock
Star Wars: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Frank Oz, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan MacGregor, Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, George Lucas
Terminator films: Arnold Schwarzenegger
The X-Files: David Duchovny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users