Best type of poster for autographs

john1980

As the title suggests im looking to start a multiple signature DC TV universe poster and was wondering about the best type people have found ie: paper, silk, i saw a couple of metal ones.

I might revert to my standard DVD/Blu ray signed items or funkos but it seems like a good year in general to start this particular piece

The metal posters sign beautifully so I'd say don't hesitate to get one of those if you find one you like. The only issue is that the ones I've got and seen all tend to be small, A3 in size so if you were wanting to collect a lot of signatures there might be issues. But if you look around you can get some really nice ones from independent designers that you won't find in regular poster format.

Not the best image as it's blurry but a good example of the metal posters.

20160925_105006.jpg

I personally don't like getting DVD covers signed because of their size and with the amount of pictures and type on them I think they look messy once you add signatures but each to their own.

I've also had this signed and it's printed on Kodak ENDURA Premier Paper which feels wallpapery and is nice and thick. It's good but if used, I'd say be careful about which pen colour you use so that it really contrasts the design colour and stands out.

20160925_202333.jpg

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/h7VY4z1.jpg this is the A3 title card just to show how full it got very quickly

http://i.imgur.com/hucFkB7.jpg Another A3 one, but not as many cast members, but again, fills up quickly

Me likey. Where were you to design me a Sherlock one when I was agonising over the lack of decent products! :smile:

I saw the His Last Vow one when you posted it last year i think that looks AMAZING signed.

Thats the kind of style I mean clean and uncluttered.

The problem with the DC standard posters I've seen is there aren't many where its title cards or multi character.

Regarding blu rays I got put off last year because my Star Wars one is beginning to fill up and my SOA and Saw sets took the autos fine but are too crowded for multi signs. If that makes sense.

My Avengers phase one set looks lonely with only Jeremy so hint hint Showmasters

Edited by john1980
  • Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dc+tv+crossover+poster&oq=dc+tv+crossover+po&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.10922j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=wyb12Bou9oPbUM%3A

Like this only cleaner. I'd have to get the same colour my OCD goes off the scale because Kenny Baker RIP signed in blue instead of black

You could make your own poster if you have a bit of time to work with GIMP and you have good google-fu skills to find the source images

With the DC TV one, youd probably want at minimum A2, but would probably work out best with A1 to give ample room for signings given that its constantly growing

My photoshop skills dont exist so if i did i would ask a photographer friend to do the editing

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dc+tv+crossover+poster&oq=dc+tv+crossover+po&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.10922j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=wyb12Bou9oPbUM%3A

Like this only cleaner. I'd have to get the same colour my OCD goes off the scale because Kenny Baker RIP signed in blue instead of black

This doesn't link to a particular image John so not sure which one you mean. But yes, getting a generic DC one will be hard I think. I got this one in the end to represent all the Marvel films.

20160731_184632.jpg

I'm hoping that on the extreme outside chance we get Benedict and Martin at Sherlocked to be able to get them on it as well, because I agree, it does look rather bare! I may add the Iron Fist LFCC guests to it.