JOE PANTOLIANO - Was any one else disappointed ?

I was really looking forward to meeting Joe, when i got there i saw he was £20 (which i thought was a little pricey), but i thought never mine. I then saw a sign that said 'No Photos'. and then i looked at the photographs available and saw he had no 'Bad Boys' photos (even though on the main CM site, they are advertising him as Bad Boys). I saw a CM man having a go at someone who was trying to take a photo of him - i really thought this was out of order. (you can't put yourself available for autographs and not expect fans to want to talk and take photos). I have read other posts stating he wouldn't talk with people and kept wondering off. I was really looking forward to meeting him. But after his attitude (and those around him) i decided i didn't wish to give him money or see him. (like they say you should never meet your heros - you will only ever be disapointed).

I understand Gates Mcfadden photograph flash problem, but she happliy posed for a non-flash photo. I don't understand why some guests were so nice (Paul Norrell, Sala Baker) and some not (Peter Mayhew, Joe Pantoliano). I suppose some guests perhaps think this is all beneath them (but they still take the money) and some guests are over-whelmed by all the attention.

All in all i thought it was an excellent event and very well organised (just like the other 4 CMs)

The no photo policy was if you weren't having an autograph. He didnt want people taking loads of photos of him just sitting there i guess. He seemed a little off on Saturday - but was in a better mood by the time the matrix talk came around in the evening.

All i can think is that he's not used tothis kind of thing. if i were an established star like that - imagine the underwhelmingness of Mk! haha. Sometime you just catch people on an off day I guess.

Anyway he seemed in a better mood on Sunday, and i had a small chat with him. i guess some people cope in different ways.

Not sure on peter mayhew - he just had no filming - as someone else mentioned - its part of some people's contracts or something. peter had photos with people, i saw loads of them. I think generally he's an eccentric guy as well!

I wouldn't give up on meeting your heros - Clint Howard was the perfect example of how meeting a long time favourite can be great. I've met some really nice actors and etc - don't be disillusioned!

I met Joe today and he was an incredibly funny guy, really nice and I think well worth the money. He also didn't mind posing for two pics as the camera didn't work well on the first. I think he's a bit shy of the photos, he looks quite uncomfortable posing.

I wasn't that disappointed but he could have been more friendly I guess.

I asked him about Daredevil 2 to which he replied, "Not with the way Ben's career is heading(!)" and "I thought I was the best thing in Daredevil(!)" when I told him of Colin Farrel's popularity so I guess he did have a sense of humor.

Joe P looked a bit P1$$ed off to start with when I met him, as a couple of people jumped straight in as he got there, didnt even give him time to get a coffee and get settled in, then after that he had a dealer who wanted about 20 items signed, and when I got to him he looked a bit fed up, then I started talking to him about Midnight Run and I must admit he was great with me, I think he just wanted a chat and liked to be chatted to.

Cool guest!,Gates didnt like it too much as he kept swearing which made me laugh.

I would have loved to have met Joe, unfortunately timing was really bad for us when I went on Friday as we took my in-laws along for a browse which meant we had a deadline for getting home.

Joe was delayed arriving (flights perhaps? - speculating) and when he did start up as I was just walking pass and he looked exhausted already.

By the time our numbers got called he was just taking an hour lunch break (can't blame him everyone has to eat) but we were due to head back in an hour so I crossed my fingers and hope he will be back again.

I'm guessing he was probably one of the busiest with the variety of films and tv he's been in recently so I guess the weekend was quite hectic for him. The only other thing I find at some signings, are the guests can be just as shy as you are if there isn't something witty you can start a conversation on (something I lack in greatly :uhoh:

As for 8x10s I suppose a guest can't carry a selection of everything they've been in. I was going to get one of my dvds signed, but as an afterthought I think pictures are nicer and easier to store signed.

The only way to get a particular picture that you want signed would be to source it beforehand at other fairs or merchandise places.

Edited by Samphirette

Being In 3 Of My Top 10 Films (Matrix, Memento And Bound) I Was Chuffed To Find Out He was There, And My Girlfried Who Also Loves The Matrix And The Sopranos Was Equally Pleased. When I Got There On Saturday About 4pm, i Already Knew He Was £20, Fair Enough, I Had Enough To Buy Some Merchandise And Get A Photo Signed For Me And One For My Girlfriend, But Not Enough FOr The Matrix Screening :firedevil:

As I Got To Joe, There Was No Queue, Just A Couple Having Their Photo Signed And A Photo. At The Same Time I Saw The No Photo Sign And A Crew Member Telling Someone They Couldnt Have A Photo (But They Wernt Having An Autograph)

So When We Went Down There, I Rode My Luck And Asked Him For A Photograph, And He Was Nice Enough To Pose With Me And My Girlfriend For A Photo And Do Our Autographs. Then We Had A Really Long Chat (We Were There Almost 5 Minutes!) At First He Seemed A Little Touchy, But Then He Really Warmed And I Thought He Was A Really Nice Bloke.

He Asked Us If We Were Going To The Matrix Screening And I Told Him I Couldnt Afford It, He Laughed, Asked How Much It Was And Called Me A Cheapskate

He Even Said He'd Sneek Us In Under His Jacket :P And We Said We'll See

Later We Saw Him Walking (To The Screening) And Walked And Talked With Us, He Remembered Us And Said We Could Go With Him, But As I Didnt Think We Were Going We Had Already Made plans :unsure:

Still A Really Cool Guy!

Later We Saw Him Walking (To The Screening) And Walked And Talked With Us, He Remembered Us And Said We Could Go With Him, But As I Didnt Think We Were Going We Had Already Made plans

Wow, pretty cool guy. He was OK-ish with me but great to you. Well done.

hi people

im kind of new on here!!!

i saw joe on saturday at about 12pm and i thought he was really rude, he hardly said anything to me or my friend, and didnt move to pose for a photo, i was really looking forward to meeting him, and i was so disapointed!!!

at least craig, brad, brian, robert, sala, lawrence,paul and harry were nice.

love you all

hays

xxx

I met him he wasn't too bad!

i hardly said a word to him so i'm not supprised he didn't talk back!

it was friday morning so he might have been not with it yet or still adjusting to MK!

i was not with it as i have a lot on at uni!

here's my pic of me and him look how interested he is!

th_CNV00009.jpg

MO

I met Joe on Monday afternoon breifly between crewing activities anf he was a really sweet guy! He signed the auto, talked for a bit, not much about his films to just in general, then a photo.

But these guys have off days as well!!

The no photography rule was just brought in as people wanted a photo with or take photos of the actors just sitting there. Which I'm sure you will agree is not fair to the people paying all this money to meet him and he decided that no photos are aloowed at all, which may have happended.

I think everyone got mixed responses from Joe, like I said actors have there off days too.

Regarding the Bad Boys photos, they may have bene the first to go. I no that a lot of photos of actos went really quickly, more popular than anticipated!

Try meeting him again if he comes back! He may be different next time!

Hugs

Marina x

I was disappointed that I couldn't film him becasue when I went to C4, I made a great video of me talking with the Goonies 3. I would've loved to have had Joey Pants on my film and posted that on my Goonies website along with the other Goonies cast members.

You can see my signature below to download the video of when I met and talked with Sean Astin, Corey Feldman and Robert Davi.

Of course I'm a Goonies fan!! So Joe P was my one and only reason for going to C5!!!! Here's hoping he changes his mind in future.....

In case you set your controls for no signature views, click on my website below

www.gooniesneversaydie.com

You'll see my video of C4 there!! :rolleyes: