Ticket Names!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with sorting something out, I bought all the tickets for my misses and two tickets that had to be printed but there in my name, she is worried because I'm not going and they ain't in her name, is that an issue? or do i have to give her some form of proof that we are together or anything?

Thanks in advance as she is a bit nervous where its getting so close to the event.

I've got a similar question: I'm going with my husband, and all the tickets have my name on it. We're in different fandoms so once we're at the venue we're not going to be together (I'm going to meet some Game of thrones fans yay!). Do you think if I give him my drivers license, he will get his photos without me being around? I really don't want to worry about our schedules clashing....

Have you got the same last name - that way you shouldn't have a problem if questioned

No we haven't. I'm Spanish and Spanish women don't change surnames when they marry ;)

Okay that would have been an easier solution but if he is at the event then you shouldn't have a problem either; he can just give you a call. I wouldn't give him your ID just in case you need it - do a photocopy of it instead - hopefully that will do

If you should run in one of the spot checks Jason mentioned can you get hold of your husband somehow? Quick text for example? One of the spot checks would be the only thing you have to worry about unless your ticket doesn't scan because it was one of those eBay sales.

If the ticket buyer is not at the event and you are nervous about it have them write three lines in English "I (name) bought these tickets for (your name) because they have no credit card/other reason". It likely won't be necessary to show it, but this talk about spot checks seems to have made people more nervous than necessary.

We'll be both at the event so yes my husband can always text me and I'll show up. BUT if I'm at a talk with Iain Glen (please please please we need a talk with Iain glen) there's no way I'm leaving before it ends LOL my husband will have to wait!

The thing is that we didn't think of this eventuality because there's no warning about it anywhere on eventbrite when you're about to buy the tickets (if there's one we didn't notice it) Besides we bought our entries and more photos with the old system (we got our physical tickets delivered by post) and on those tickets there's no name. We just thought it was the same with the new shop.

And really I don't think it's fair that you change the photos and/or entry policy so close to the event and don't post a big warning on the shop website.