poster help

IanBrooke

I think this might be my last question but you never know

i am going to try and get a poster signed by a few people

could give me a few tips in how best to sort the poster to be signed as in should i keep it rolled until the last ,inute or not just a couple of tips like that

Thanks very much for any advice you can offer

Ian

I have always had posters signed. I keep it rolled up until you get to the guests assistant who are usually well versed in dealing with most items - I keep it rolled and in the tube as much as possible to prevent over handling to stop it wearing out but get it out and ready when a couple of people back from the desk so you are ready. Once the person has signed let it roll back up with the signature on the outside and not covered by any other part of the poster to allow it to dry. Obviously be careful how you carry it, I usually make sure it is facing out, away from my body so it's not accidentaly smugged by a stray arm movement or brush agains clothing. Give it 5 minutes or so to really dry and when confident roll it back up properly.

The guest are also used to signing posters and are aware that they curl so they and their assistant usually lay it out properly on the desk so it doesn't get squashed.

My posters have always been curled so that the picture and therefore the signatures are on the inside which I prefer as I think it protects it a little more as it's not rubbing against the poster tube but I don't know if it really makes a difference.

Edited by Raylenth