Meeting Jenna at a photo session

Just another quick question.

I've bought a photo session with Jenna for the Saturday, and I'm really looking forward to meeting her :) I kinda have a very big thing for her ;) and was wondering if anyone think it'd be acceptable just after the photo's taken - or before, depending - if it's okay to ask to grab a hug or at a big push a kiss on the cheek?

I know some guests can be different then others, and I'd rather hear it from someone who's met Jenna before.

Having been to loads of cons, the photo sessions are always just click and go, click and go. There's no time to talk to the person other than a quick "hello" and shake hands perhaps. Your best bet would be to ask for a hugging pose in your photo as most guest are perfectly fine with that sort of thing. If you have the nerve you could asked for a photo of her kissing (or pretending to kiss) you on the cheek.

Photo sessions are not the place for extended interaction with the guest. It's very much step in, smile, click, out you go. Usually there's a hello and thank you, some shake hands etc and as has been said, guests are sometimes fine with a hug pose or various other things, some aren't. Usually you'll be advised by a crew member when queuing up if there's any particular restrictions as some don't like being touched at all and that's fine if it makes them uncomfortable or whatever.

Looking at the 828 photos from last time she was at an event in the photo store, there's no poses like that though. It's all just the usual hand on shoulder or stood back to back type normal pose, so I maybe wouldn't expect anything like what you want from her but watch the people in the queue in front of you too to get an idea of what she's happy doing too.

• Like 1

Photo sessions are not the place for extended interaction with the guest. It's very much step in, smile, click, out you go. Usually there's a hello and thank you, some shake hands etc and as has been said, guests are sometimes fine with a hug pose or various other things, some aren't. Usually you'll be advised by a crew member when queuing up if there's any particular restrictions as some don't like being touched at all and that's fine if it makes them uncomfortable or whatever.

Looking at the 828 photos from last time she was at an event in the photo store, there's no poses like that though. It's all just the usual hand on shoulder or stood back to back type normal pose, so I maybe wouldn't expect anything like what you want from her but watch the people in the queue in front of you too to get an idea of what she's happy doing too.

I understand this all. Thanks. I know that sometimes guests can feel uncomfortable, and I know I need to be sensitive. Sometimes, considering this is my first Con, I forgot that these people are real people.

I'd watch the people in front if you to see how it's going most guests will happily hug people but they are people too and how do I put it are not objects. Some feel uncomfortable with people being over familiar.

Heard this many times before. Sorry if I'm just regurgitating a similar question that's already been posted. Thanks :)

Having been to loads of cons, the photo sessions are always just click and go, click and go. There's no time to talk to the person other than a quick "hello" and shake hands perhaps. Your best bet would be to ask for a hugging pose in your photo as most guest are perfectly fine with that sort of thing. If you have the nerve you could asked for a photo of her kissing (or pretending to kiss) you on the cheek.

I know the particular guest can be very different on how they like to pose with people. I guess I could ask - I'll probably ask a crew member beforehand, just to make sure I don't cause any offence to Jenna by asking for a hug. Big fan, really love her to bits, and wouldn't want to annoy her.

This page might help this is from last year one day of photos to give you an idea what might be possible in that brief time http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/gallery-collection/Sunday/C0000tJny4bCYFMM Even when a guest hasn't got a lot of photos to do they are likely other guests waiting to come in, I would say depending on guest you might have 10 or 15 seconds, but not much longer than that.