LFCC Authors - An Introduction

If I bring my Fast Show book along, will Charlie Higson sign that? Sorry for asking again but looking for an answer lol

Are you concerned because the book isn't listed on the first post? Normally authors don't have a problem signing books you bring. That is as long as you're not showing up carrying 35 books. ;)

Hi QS...yeah sort of lol. Ideally I would like him to sign the Fast Show book. It's not one of his novels but still a book related to the TV series he was partly responsible for. Cheers QS

• Showmasters Admin

If I buy one of the books at the comic con to get signed, will be books be with that author or in a different area? and what sort of prices will the books be if I bought them on the day?

The Book Zone will host the author signings, workshops, talks and a publisher area. Waterstones will also be there selling the books, so nip over to their stall and get what you need. =)

We have lots of exciting things planned so keep your eyes peeled for news! =)

Kinda a bit gutted now as id love to meet charlie higson for his tv work, going right back to him working with vic reeves and bob mortimer before his fast show days but im not to interested in buying any of his novels etc, guess i wont be able to get anything signed then if i dont buy a book :no:

Get hold of the Fast Show Book. If you don't have them you can pick them up for about 2 or 3 quid inc postage on Amazon. That's a book about a show he partly wrote and he more than likely wrote much of the material in the book. So I'm banking on that counting on being an item he can sign

• Like 1

ahah thanks mate, yeah i know the fast show :thumbup: :thumbup: big fan of it, was gonna get the big silver dvd boxset signed or a 10x8 but if not ill look for a FS book on ebay or amazon then. thanks mate.

Get hold of the Fast Show Book. If you don't have them you can pick them up for about 2 or 3 quid inc postage on Amazon. That's a book about a show he partly wrote and he more than likely wrote much of the material in the book. So I'm banking on that counting on being an item he can sign

If i got a FS book to sign, would he sign this along with a 8x10 photo?? im having a feeling ill get there and you will have to buy a book from him on the day to get signed.

• Like 1

From how I'm reading it, if you bring at least one book he's responsible for then he will sign it and other items within reason. At the end of the day, I can't see them refusing but you never know. Bring a 10x8 by all means but dont invest too much in it..then if you get a 'no' then you've not lost much.

• Like 1

Yeah thats great, i was going to get the FS book then find a high quality shot of him in character from FS so i can print off an 8x10...if i cant find one cheap

From how I'm reading it, if you bring at least one book he's responsible for then he will sign it and other items within reason. At the end of the day, I can't see them refusing but you never know. Bring a 10x8 by all means but dont invest too much in it..then if you get a 'no' then you've not lost much.

Last year after two practise runs i had my first official book of poetry published and have started the groundwork on a follow up.

So far i have been frustrated in my attempts to find somewhere that will sell it.

Would be brilliant if i could get some advice from people who have reached the next step and even better if some of them would read and/or recommend me to people they know.

I think most people these days sell online and I know there is ways of selling online through Amazon that actually stops Amazon taking their cut of the profit, People create their own Blogspot or website with Paypal buttons, also Facebook pages and there's too many ways of linking your page to other authors, people locally and making it noticed. Selling pages are ideal for that kind of thing, the big thing now is the dieting drinks but if you live in a big city, check those selling pages and type in every town around you on the groups, let everyone know you're local, people always support people from their towns.You really need to work at it. If you go down the self publishing route there's always local bookshops that can sell it in store and online on their websites, you can get in contact with lots of booksellers through places like Abebooks which is no different than Amazon marketplace sellers selling out of a warehouse. You can stock your book in this country through them but have them list it for sale online.

Really Showmasters should have a section set aside for authors trying to start out and have just started publishing their work whether it's physical or digital and they get to talk to fellow fans and build an audience and I'm sure many people would love to meet authors that they don't know about and take a chance on something new.