Can Autographica get Harrison Schmitt Apollo 17 to appear?

90degnorth2010

Just have to ask any chance of getting Apollo 17 moonwalker Harrison Schmitt to make a apperance at Autographica this year ?

The Apollo line up at the moment is excellent and very well done to the organisers for the guests so far.

I know recently attempts were made to try and get him to visit the UK but to no avail and if anyone could get him to visit the UK it would have to be Autographica.

• Showmasters Admin

Just to point out that we do not do fiasco's.

Harrison Schmitt is a tough nut to crack and to get him you need to be able to take a risk.

No point building everyone's hopes up and then have them crashing down when you find you have not sold enough tickets

This is exactly why it takes so long sometimes to confirm a guest because you have to be sure and you have to comitted.

We will of course try for Schmitt but would only announce such a guest if and when we were sure we had him.

Our shows are never dependant on ticket sales as sometimes you just have to take a chance.

Dave Phillips

Don't know what HS's status is when it comes to signings, I have heard he doesn't like doing them (has he ever done one over here??!!) and will now only sign his book. But, I guess if you don't ask.....

I'd like to see Walt come back over, he hasn't been since 2002. Or Gene or Rusty, who've only been once. Or even a new face, Ken Mattingly or Frank Borman.

But at the end of the day I'm just happy to see ANY apollo astronaut!

Cheers