Photo-shoots

I posted the following on the 'General' board and a mod replied that the topic had previously been covered,gave me a link and 'locked' my post.However the mod was somewhat in error as the request for downloadable thumbnails was a secondary request.The main request was for instant printed pics.Here goes again :-

I attended a brand new con at the w/end which,although it had major problems at the beginging,or more precisely prior the begining,worked very well.

Now,I mention the following on this forum as I am,and have been,a big fan of Showmasters and I consider them to be No1.However,as they themselves often say,there is always room for improvement.

On my way home from aforementioned con,I realised that I felt much more relaxed than I normally felt on leaving previous cons,no matter who ran them.I eventually twigged the reason.I am a photo-shoot person and at this con you had your photo taken in the normal (how could it be any different?) manner then on leaving the booth your photo was handed to you,in a nice binder.Job done in 20secs and the quality matched any from other shows.There was no "is xxxxx back yet" to the photo desk crew (who,by the way,are all saints),there were no masses of people hanging round the pick-up tables either waiting for their pics or just rubber-necking which led to a serene,if not a bit surreal,experience which I hope Showmasters will copy.The printer/s used were not that big,were hooked up to laptops the same as other shows and,another great feature,you received a code and a web-site address where you can d/load a thumbnail of your pic.There were 5 photo areas and all had this system.

I just hope Showmasters can implement this system,preferably by this years LF&CC.