Collectormainia in Wales

properly advertised I think a cardiff CM would be pretty good, well attended, I went to cardiff for a couple of doctor who cons last year, pretty easy to get to, not too expensive, nice city. and from london unlike glasgow the travel is cheaper and easier. has an airport close by also.

Id deff be up for a cm there.

As the home of Dr Who, Tourchwood and now Being Human....and lets not forget Merlin...Cardiff would be a fab place.

I would second and third a con there.

And Swan would agree....if she had the internet at the moment but she hasn't. :firedevil:

properly advertised I think a cardiff CM would be pretty good, well attended, I went to cardiff for a couple of doctor who cons last year, pretty easy to get to, not too expensive, nice city. and from london unlike glasgow the travel is cheaper and easier. has an airport close by also.

Trouble was those Dr Who cons were well advertised, weren't well attended and the company went under!

Trouble was those Dr Who cons were well advertised, weren't well attended and the company went under!

I dont think they were all that well advertised, ppl in the museum cafe had no idea it was on and around cardiff its self I didnt see anyting. I know things have been said to counter those.

plus the attendence wasnt shocking considering how new the events were and there location. I mean the first one I and others went not sure if it was legit, it takes time to build a good rep

a CM would be different, but woul dneed a push and some name guests.

saying all this there was a rival one the other week in another part of wales and I hear it wasnt that well attended?

saying all this there was a rival one the other week in another part of wales and I hear it wasnt that well attended?

Dunno, various events go on every year in Wales and Bristol, but they don't get talked about. North Wales is somewhat different when it comes to being easily accessible.

It would be a good place for a CM event though, I suppose the brand name would be enough to bring people over the boarder.

In south Wales... I think a Collectomania/LFCC/MK event would be good and people will flock if advertised well etc. Im from Cardiff and I love going to LFCC but have to book my travel a month in advance at least etc!!

If SM did do this I would advertise everywhere for you as I have good links here!!

John

Edited by QS to remove other event info.

We've left this topic on although it is treading on the fine line of the forum rule that you can't talk about other events. Please don't name the other shows though, that definitely is not allowed.