Smallville Finale

cyd0nian

I've actually never really watched Smallville, but I am a fan of the other Superman related stuff, such as the older films and the Adventures Lois and Clark. The massive super hyped up finale of season 10, supposedly where Clark finally becomes Superman is going to be on in May. I was just wondering if people think it will be worth the watch? Will I have to slog my way through 10 seasons of what I hear is a fairly formulaic episode structure to appreciate it or could I just tune in for this one? :D

You're the type of person that buys a book and reads the last page first ;)

The previous 10 series is effectively how he gets to this point, albeit rather drawn out at times. Overall I have enjoyed it so far. I am lagging behind slightly as I am currently making my way through series 9.

• Moderators

Seasons 9-10 have probably been the best work they've done, with varying results in the seasons before. It's been far less formulaic and more towards the comics etc.

The finale can't have the intended impact without the journey before.

• Moderators

Yeah, it definitely suffered in the middle. The initial seasons with Clark/Lex were very good, although I wasn't a huge fan of the high school stuff and would take S9/10 over that anyday. They kinda lost their way in between though, and I'm just thankful they managed to get where they have now! At least it's guaranteed a decent ending on a high note now, which I think they deserve.

You're the type of person that buys a book and reads the last page first ;)
I certainly am not! You are talking to someone who, amongst other things has gone to painless lengths to make sure he watches things in order, such as not watching Trek I haven't seen when it is on TV as I want to work through them all in the orders they were made. I'm also holding off on Atlantis until I am far enough through SG-1 for it to fit, which is killing me, so yeah, that's not entirely true, I just can't see myself watching like a Smallville a day for like 200 days. Maybe I could... dammit have you added to list of things I'm going to end up watching from the start... :D

:D

Yep, there are a few Stargate crossovers in which 'previous events' get mentioned. The same with Trek, Buffy/Angel, etc. Sometimes if you are lucky it's not really relevant to the story, more of a nod/nice touch for fans if you recognise the reference.

That's the 'trouble' with franchises that have spin off series ;)

series 4 of sg1 is awesome!

smallville I loved but ive only seen series 1-5, think i mentioned this elsewhere, dont know why but i stopped buying the boxsets, no reason, one day ill have to start up again, seen the odd ep on tv of later seasons though.

I hear lex isnt in it anymore? thats a massive shame, rosenblums lex was superb

I would say watch the series first, dont jump in on the last ep, then again when 24 came on tv thats what i did on series 1, watched the penultimate ep to see if i liked it then was gonna buy the box set but it was so good i watched the finale also, then started on ep one the following week when the box set came out lol.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...