Where's our comic guests?

Marky

Showmasters, LFACC is 2 weeks today.

We were told there would be comic guests, and as yet there are none, and it's gone very quiet.

Eduardo was told the guests would be in Comics International today, but there's no-one there - whats going on?

Are there any comic guests going - if so,who!

Marky

:(

Yeah, I'm hoping the wrong ad got printed or I missed one later on in the mag.... all I can say is that Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

If there are no comic guests I would prefer to know....

Let's hope that that's not the case.

Come on Showmasters, put us out of our misery - your very quiet, and we just want to know.

I'll be going anyway, I've got Val, Adam, Brent and Levar to meet, but I was looking forward to meeting the comic guests too.

Please say something.

:lol:

Why all the secrecy (or delay) over naming Comic guests?

There is a great selection of Film guests and a few I'd love to meet but its a film and COMIC CON!

I just hope its not being called a comic con just because there will be a few comic stands there!

If it was true that the name were to solely dictate what stalls are present then you would expect to see no merchandise other than just film and comic stuff. So that would be no cult memorabilia that isnt part of an actual movie (huge percentage of what these things are about). And on the flip side, they have guests who arent related to either films or comics. Ergo, I would be extremely dissapointed if no comic guests were announced. But it could happen. This is Showmasters afterall, the team that refused guest suggestions because they were too common and out of demand and then getting a bunch of Red Dwarf people who are just that.

Showmasters have a big name in LOTR to announce

I don't think they do. I wish! ;) Not to say that I'm not COMPLETELY happy with the guests already though! :D They're perfect for me. But then again, I'm not really a comic fan.

I do think there has to be some comic guests at least, in order to justify calling it LFACC :rolleyes:

Kilty xxxxx

Craig Charles...comedian?...as in someone who makes one laugh via the medium of humour???.... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm willing to give Showmasters a break in the comic-guests department for now so they can prove us doubters wrong.....although, needless to say should no comic guests be announced, I shall make my presence noted at the Showmasters booth...he he!

Me too.

I'll give them a break until next weeken, now!

SM's are obviously busy getting ready, less than 2 weeks (wow in 2 weeks from now it'll all be over and we'll be looking forward to C5)!

We know you're doing a great job, we just wanted an idea of what was going on with the comic guys!

Cheers anyway!

Marky

:D

Me too.

I'll give them a break until next weeken, now!

SM's are obviously busy getting ready, less than 2 weeks (wow in 2 weeks from now it'll all be over and we'll be looking forward to C5)!

We know you're doing a great job, we just wanted an idea of what was going on with the comic guys!

Cheers anyway!

Marky

:rolleyes:

It's great when people put across their opinions peacefully! TAKE NOTE CERTAIN POSTERS (not on this thread)! :lol:

I have asked this question a few times as well, but I have seen no further information.

For comic guests I expected that there would be a number of artists, writers etc who have or are currently involved in comic book projects.

As I said before in previous threads, Showmasters have brought along some great guests for this event, so I don't want to make an issue out of this.

Fine, if they were unable to secure any comic book artists or writers then so be it. I will still be going, but there has just been a strange silence from Showmasters relating this this. Even if they said they were trying to but had no one to confirm, or they had no intention of any guests of this sort at least we would know either way.

Yeah, I know what you're saying..it's hard to try and find an equilibreum between moaning/sounding ungreatful for the great guests already announced and raising a reasonable point.....

I have a funny feeling though Showmasters will still suprise us...especially if you take the view that if no guests were coming at all then they would certianly have said so by now.......

Perhaps contracts for this type of event in the comic world are traditionally confirmed closer to the event than perhaps actors or it could be the case that negotiations wre started ages ago by SM and the artists/writers themselves always mean to attend but for whatever reason are tardy in completing their agreement to the contracts....

Im with Eduardo and GoldenGreen on this one

Great line up and fantastic guests already announced. Normally Mark from SMS likes to leave messages for all in the forum. With the show less than 2 weeks away i guess he is a busy boy at the moment and im sure he will update with a final list sometime soon.

:D