Who could be Doctor Who?

MonsieurBBrooks

I think Anthony Stewart Head would be a great choice either currently or earlier on in his career.

Main problem with Tony now is that he has an established fan base for different characters. Might be hard for him to be accepted. He was great as a villain in it.

all the masters have been great IMO but i also grew up with ainley so he is my fav just (although that doesnt ring true with docs or companions, i grew up in the 80's & 90's so peter, colin and mostly slyv as im an 81 baby, yet i mostly saw tom on vhs lol. yet my fav doc is pat (then again i did see the war games very early on which is still my fav)

simm is a fantastic master, take away the hoodie and obsessive eating ("im hungry" oh dear lol) I hope simm returns to face matts doctor somehow, it was always fun with ainley as he witnessed multiple incarnations of the doctor

I would have liked to see more of Derek Jacobi, I thought his Master was excellent!

As a long term Master I think Derek was out of his time. But the set up for regeneration into John Simm was just right.

I know a lot of people couldn't accept the hoodie wearing and manically eating version when he came back, but it was perfect for the episode. It was explained and didn't seem out of the ordinary. Also, it was in stark contrast to how he first appeared. Simm coming back as the Master would be strange as his exchanges with David were spot on. There is always a way to bring any character back, but for me Simm and Tennent were a perfect combination.

i always liked the fact that some friends like the brig, SJS and some foes like the master and the rani would meet again or have to battle again with the doctor in a new regeneration. it was always nice with the brig and ainleys master especially.

simm would be good with matt and these days would probably comment more on the fact its a new incarnation than in the classic series,

jacobi would of been good and i do think the show needs more older actors in recurring roles who pop up every now and then either friend or foe

how about joanna lumley as the rani or some sort of big bad?

I just noticed that no-one has suggested a female. Any thoughts? Personally I have always felt that because it didn't happen early on in the incarnations (i..e 3/4) then it would just be weird to change it later on. However it could be used as part of whatever reason they use to get past the '13 limit'.

Oh and I am not aware of what was said in SJ to explain there is no limit. I don't watch it. I am curious though.

some of the SJA plots were better than the tennant era plots in who I thought, I loved the mona lisa episode, I also love rani ;-) and come on it liz sladen!! to be fair though the new series is all on my virgin plus, i only watched the doctor episodes, was a decent ep, yer they gave the limit at like 15786 or something for regens lol, RTD wrote that ep.

Ah, moved on to the Rani. Hmm.... Stephanie Beacham. Although she may be too similar to Kate.

im thinking of a word its starts with M or maybe G, both end in F, now if I completed the word perhaps inappropriate but like this i think fine ;-)

yer she would be good as the rani, I think an older actor as a recurring villain for the doc would be brilliant especially a female actor

Ah, moved on to the Rani. Hmm.... Stephanie Beacham. Although she may be too similar to Kate.

im thinking of a word its starts with M or maybe G, both end in F, now if I completed the word perhaps inappropriate but like this i think fine ;-)

yer she would be good as the rani, I think an older actor as a recurring villain for the doc would be brilliant especially a female actor

Wrong on so many levels Timelord...so very wrong!!!