The "What bargains did you get?" Thread

Quinny83

I thought I might start this because I got a fantastic bargain Monday morning, I collect Transformers and have been keen to get some of the main ones from the 2nd movie (Revenge of the fallen) I had seen on 1 stall the Jetfire toy for £40 on Sunday, I went over to Asda next door on Monday morning before the event opened and I found the exact same figure sat on a shelf marked £10, so I grabbed it and took it to the till and it rung up at £5, it's not every day that you make such a huge saving.

Did anyone else get any similar bargains or was I the only one lol

Edited by Quinny83

when the figures for the new Star Trek movie came out it was buy-one-get-one-free and i managed to get all but Scotty.

i looked everywhere but couldn't find him :poki:

i was hoping that i might fing him at C16...and i did :) not only did i find him but he was only £1, and that was on Saturday!!!

to my surprise though i found a few more dealers that had the the figures: £2.99, £4 and £5!!! so i was definately happy :)

darryl.

The stall that was selling the Reboot Star Trek figures reduced from £10 to £1 towards the end of Monday.

... I may have bought the full set.

I was gonna buy the Spock on Friday and didn'tl, went back Saturday and he was gone :D So sad.

I bought a whole box of Doctor Who cards, said it had an autographed card in the box, got home and opened every pack, but no atograph card. I bet the guy on the stall found the pack that it was in and took a pack from another box to replace it knowing that the person would get home and not go back to the event for an autograph card :lol:.

I did get a whole box of torchwood cards for £5 though which would have been £96 if sold in the shops. Included 1 ultra rare and 5 super rares, worth about £20, maybe should have bought the other box and sold the individual rare cards on :).

I bought a whole box of Doctor Who cards, said it had an autographed card in the box, got home and opened every pack, but no atograph card. I bet the guy on the stall found the pack that it was in and took a pack from another box to replace it knowing that the person would get home and not go back to the event for an autograph card :lol:.

I did get a whole box of torchwood cards for £5 though which would have been £96 if sold in the shops. Included 1 ultra rare and 5 super rares, worth about £20, maybe should have bought the other box and sold the individual rare cards on :).

if your going to buy full boxes always get sealed boxes as some specials are easy to feel even in sealed packs!

but you could of been very unlucky as sometimes you dont get any!

I bought a whole box of Doctor Who cards, said it had an autographed card in the box, got home and opened every pack, but no atograph card. I bet the guy on the stall found the pack that it was in and took a pack from another box to replace it knowing that the person would get home and not go back to the event for an autograph card :poki:.

if your going to buy full boxes always get sealed boxes as some specials are easy to feel even in sealed packs!

but you could of been very unlucky as sometimes you dont get any!

Nah it said on the box you definitely get one and the stupidity in myself forgot to ask why the box was open as it was late i the day and just thought it was a bargain. The Torchwood box from a different stall was all sealed and a brilliant price so that kinda makes up for it.