William B Davies photoshoot Monday?

Avengers7

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to believe that SM have their reasons for making the decisions they do. After all, they've been running these events for quite some time now and they're very good at it.

So, just out of curiosity, I had a look at how many photoshoots there are over the course of the weekend (not including Monday) and there are 26 (13 each on Saturday and Sunday).

Assuming an average time of 45 minutes per photo shoot, that's 9.75 hours a day. Assuming there are two photo areas, that's just under 5 hours of photo sessions at each one.

The first sessions are unlikely to be before about 11.00 a.m. to allow people time to get there and buy their tickets (assuming they haven't bought them in advance). That means that they will be ongoing until about 4.00 p.m. They're unlikely to finish much later than that - if any later - as SM like to get the photos back on the day so that people can collect them before they leave.

So, based on that, it wouldn't be possible or practical to try to squeeze in any more photo sessions on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry if I seem to be lecturing, that's not the intention. I'm just trying to demonstrate in practical terms why things are unlikely to change.

In case it helps anyone's case either way, the photo schedule for CM15 last year throws up the following stats:

Saturday

• 12 shoots

• First at 10.20am

• Last at 2pm

Sunday

• 15 shoots

• First at 10.20am

• Last at 3pm

Scheduled shoot times ranged from 15 minutes to one hour, depending on the guest.

And for Collectormania London, last November, we had...

Saturday

• 17 shoots

• First at 9.30am

• Last at 2pm

Sunday

• 16 shoots

• First at 9.50am

• Last at 2.25pm

The shortest shoot was scheduled for 10 minutes; the longest for one hour.

Have at it, mathematicians and soothsayers. :YAHOO: