Star Wars 7,8,9

emotionalvampire

The latest on any possible sequels is that it has been reported that Peter Mayhew (the chap who played Chewbacca in the original 3 films and returning for Ep3) has signed a contract to also star in 3 more sequels.

The doesnt mean 100% that there is 3 more films, just that it will save some money in getting Mr Mayhew back if there is any.

The latest on any possible sequels is that it has been reported that Peter Mayhew (the chap who played Chewbacca in the original 3 films and returning for Ep3) has signed a contract to also star in 3 more sequels.

The doesnt mean 100% that there is 3 more films, just that it will save some money in getting Mr Mayhew back if there is any.

Hi, sorry I had to comment on this, sequels???

I just cant see where they could go story wise for any more films to be made!!!

I have not heard anything about this so please keep us informed, thanks :lol:

Yeah I am not sure I would want there to be anymore films after Episode 3 even though I am a big SW's fan.

I know there are books about stories after ROTJ but I just think once Episode 3 is finished that should be it.

Having said that if someone did make more I am sure I would go and see them :o

Ahmend Best is also being a bit quite about his contract. He too was asked about the sequels and responded by saying that he's under contract not to talk about it.

Mark Hamill has been ask about it as well. And supposedly has been ask to come back in 9 as a cameo.

Really?!!

Oh well we will see what happens, rumours dont start for no reason, usually there is some truth behind them, usually :unsure:

Well I think it might happen. George Lucas set up LucasFilm and they only seem to produce the Star Wars films anyway. George will eventually retire and someone else will take up the reins of the company. The company will still need to make money and what better way to do so than producing more Star Wars films.

Well I think it might happen. George Lucas set up LucasFilm and they only seem to produce the Star Wars films anyway. George will eventually retire and someone else will take up the reins of the company. The company will still need to make money and what better way to do so than producing more Star Wars films.

I hadnt looked at it that way, good point. I guess time will tell, I'll just be happy to get to see Episode 3 for now though :angel:

Well I think it might happen.  George Lucas set up LucasFilm and they only seem to produce the Star Wars films anyway.  George will eventually retire and someone else will take up the reins of the company.  The company will still need to make money and what better way to do so than producing more Star Wars films.

I hadnt looked at it that way, good point. I guess time will tell, I'll just be happy to get to see Episode 3 for now though :D

After the way episodes 1 and 2 were received, I doubt it, but would definately watch and support further Star Wars movies.

As much as I would love to see this happen I find it highly unlikely for numerous reasons.

For one thing, George pretty much considers Star Wars his baby, he has said definitively that he won't do it and I can't see him letting someone else take over.

Secondly, can you see Ford, Hamill and Fisher committing 10 years of their lives to the project? By the time they finish episode 9, Ford would be in his mid seventies!

If they plan to use all new actors in the parts of Luke, Leia and Han I think it would be a total disaster.

I can't see them using any of the storylines already written in novels set in that timeframe, so are they basically going to rewrite the established history? I'm pretty sure the reason George licensed novelists to fill in the events after Jedi is because he knew he would never make the sequels.

George has said that the Star Wars saga is the story of Anakin Skywalker, how he turned to evil and how he was redeemed. That story ended in Return of the Jedi.

The only option I can see is that Episodes 7,8 and 9 are set years after Jedi and possibly feature the children of Leia and Han (if they consider the novels as canon.) Frankly I shudder at the thought.

K

Thats all very true and I agree with what you are saying. Whose to say though that when George eventually retires, someone wont try making 7,8,9.

Anyway, on another note, maybe all these signings are for the DVD'; for the interviews and what not. I know that all the digital guys at ILM that worked EP3 have just had their contracts renewed to 2012. So who knows?

• 2 weeks later...