Steampunk & Goth zones.. what happened?!

Sian_Raven

I went with a couple of others hoping to visit the steampunk and goth areas that you've been touting in the forum and found absolutely nothing! There wasn't even a message saying that they'd been cancelled. Nearest I could find was a single stall selling Goth clothes and a couple of people in Steampunk outfits for the Cosplay.

So what happened? I was there on the Sunday, so was it only there on the Saturday or was it missing completely? ^_^

I was Steampunking with my Firefighter on the Sunday and the chap who was organising it came up and had a chat, and mentioned a lack of interest this time around. He says he's going to stick at it though as interest in the genre is growing. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

• Showmasters Admin

well we have to start some were and this was the start

i love Steampunk and we are going to push this aspect of the event in the future but people have to find out about it and learn about it and start to get into it

if we do not start it and try then nothing would ever happen so thank you to the people that did make the efferet and i look forward to growing the Steampunk aspect of the show at future events

jason :P

well we have to start some were and this was the start

i love Steampunk and we are going to push this aspect of the event in the future but people have to find out about it and learn about it and start to get into it

if we do not start it and try then nothing would ever happen so thank you to the people that did make the efferet and i look forward to growing the Steampunk aspect of the show at future events

jason :(

The point I was trying to make is that you were advertising a 'zone' but there was none. Myself and a couple of people I came with were looking forward to seeing some steampunk and learning more about it. But how can you learn when there's nothing to see!

Having 2 people in steampunk outfits among the many other cosplayers doesn't really count, because unless you already know what they're dressed as they could be from anything!

The word 'zone' and pictures in the forum do tend to hint towards at least a table on display.

The point I was trying to make is that you were advertising a 'zone' but there was none. Myself and a couple of people I came with were looking forward to seeing some steampunk and learning more about it. But how can you learn when there's nothing to see!

Having 2 people in steampunk outfits among the many other cosplayers doesn't really count, because unless you already know what they're dressed as they could be from anything!

The word 'zone' and pictures in the forum do tend to hint towards at least a table on display.

I agree that the wording of the announcement of the steampunk and goth zones suggested that there would be an actual zone at the event dedicated to them - not just the hope that people might attend dressed appropriately. I was expecting a little corner of the venue dedicated to the two zones with a handful of dealer tables for each - so I was baffled to get to the event and find nothing.