Lifelong Hope

trekkie101

Every day, I used to come home from school feeling like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. Sure, in retrospect it wasn't that bad, but it didn't stop me feeling that way at the time.

Then, I'd turn on the tv and watch Dragonball Z every day at 5:30pm on Cartoon network.

And everything suddenly started to feel better. That show meant a lot to me. I didn't have a lot of idols growing up, but that show meant as much to me as any real person could have. It made me feel like there was another world outside of my own, and that there were always possibilities.

To some of you, this may sound absolutely bonkers. To others, it just might make an iota of sense.

So, to those of you who understand where I'm coming from, I'd like to request Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat. Not only because of the amazing work that they did, but because it'd finally give me the chance to thank them for what they did for me.

• 1 month later...

I understand the logistics of a request like this. I know that there are a mllion things that could hamper it. Fees, timing, availability, travel, expenditure and about a thousand other things besides.

But at the same time, I still ask.

I know that, if anything, it'd just a a quick 'Hi how are you? Thanks for coming.' But at the chance of ticking off one item from my list of things to do before I die, I honestly believe it's worth it.

I doubt there are many people who can honestly say that a tv show has had a profound and protracted effect on ther lives. But those who can will understand my direction here. And if you do, then please - give me, and maybe hundreds of others, the opportunity to fulfill this dream.