Collectormania event or similar in the South West?

Kirayuki

Hi there showmasters!

Sorry if i'm wasting your time, but I was wondering if there is any possibility of a showmasters event like collectormania coming to the South West.

We find it very hard to get anywhere from this part of the country without it costing a fortune in travel fares etc... (in some cases we'd have to spend more to get there than we'd spend at the events themselves :wub: ).

I do understand that not all these things can be done, but i thought i'd put it out there as i can't find a thread already for this suggestion.

Thanks for your time.

:D

Am I alone or is there anybody else who'd appreciate something like this in the South West?

It would be good to get others down here, but it doesn't cost that much to get into London. Getting to London (booked 3 months in advance) currently costs me £22. Whereas getting to Exeter by Train and back (on a different day would still cost me nearly £10!

So it's the time saved rather than costs saved that would interest me.

Really? It cost me £45ish to get from Axminster to London and back for LFCC on the train.

Also i have to do all in one day at the moment due to issues with staying hotels etc... overnight and often the trains don't run at good times.

But yes i agree, it would be more convenient than anything.

:D

Edited by Kirayuki

If you do it as 2 singles it's currently £11 each way for a standard advance, but you do have to get in early before they go, and can't change your trains.

It's a killer doing back and forth in one day ain't it?, done it once or twice myself. Trouble is you can't do that and be there early.