Doctor Who

SALEMSLOT

Eogwyn
btw how about a female Dr Who - I think it might have been done before very briefly, or my memory's gone mad :D  :D

Sorry, your memories playing tricks, I'm afraid. We've never had a Female "DOCTOR" (and, hopefully never will). However, we've had two Female TIMELADIES by the name of "ROMANA" (Mk 1 & 2 - played by "MARY TAMM" and, "LALLA WARD") as, companions to the 4th "DOCTOR" and, a Female TIMELORD called, "THE RANI" (played by, "KATE O'MARA") who the 7th "DOCTOR" came up against!!!

That must be what I'm thinking of - but why do you hope there never is a female doctor may I ask? :D:D

I don't either! It just wouldn't be right somehow.

Saying that though, In an audio adventure that I've just listened to they had a timelord that did regenerate into a woman but that was just because he commited suicide and that was the only way they could do it!

I'm sorry, but I really can't accept that a woman shouldn't be the Doctor - it's just that you're not used to the concept, you're thinking of all the silly screaming sidekicks he's had over the years. It's about time the stereotypical woman was pushed aside for the intelligent, fast thinking 50% of the population we are (and we had a nice bit of male eye candy to look at instead!) I don't want my daughter growing up thinking it's only men who can be all scientific and clever - sorry, don't know what happened there, think I got zapped by a photon ray :D:D

The reason for not having a female Doctor Who - the Lara Croft movies! Enough said!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how everyone seems ot remember the weak screamers isn't it? There are lots of companions who were really cleaver, Barbra was a teacher, Zoe was an exeptional mathamatition with a photographic memory, Liz Shaw was a physasist, then there were the two Romanas could even be cleverer than the Doctor, Nyssa also a physasist and Ace wasn't what you would call weak and was an expert with explosives!

Well said "Rickman101" - the "DOCTOR" over the year's has had several intelligent companions - who didn't fall into the screaming catagory as, some did!!!

I don't think it would be right for the "DOCTOR" to suddenly re-generate after all this time into a Female version. Many, like me have never liked the idea of the role being changed and, not just for the above reason, either. Had the "DOCTOR" originally, been a Female character - then no problem. It would be exactly the same, IF they wanted the character to change from Female to Male, in that respect, as far as this "DW" FAN is concerned.

It also has nothing, to do with sexist/feminism contexts - and, YES - times have changed in that women now own businesses, become Prime Minister's, etc - I'm alll for that.

I'm just NOT for having a FEMALE version of my favourite TIMELORD - period!!! :lol:

Well said "Rickman101" - the "DOCTOR" over the year's has had several intelligent companions - who didn't fall into the screaming catagory as, some did!!!

I don't think it would be right for the "DOCTOR" to suddenly re-generate after all this time into a Female version. Many, like me have never liked the idea of the role being changed and, not just for the above reason, either.  Had the "DOCTOR" originally, been a Female character - then no problem. It would be exactly the same, IF they wanted the character to change from Female to Male, in that respect, as far as this "DW" FAN is concerned.

It also has nothing, to do with sexist/feminism contexts - and, YES - times have changed in that women now own businesses, become Prime Minister's, etc - I'm alll for that. 

I'm just NOT for having a FEMALE version of my favourite TIMELORD - period!!!  :blush:

Sorry, I do take yours and Rickman's point - perhaps I was just playing devil's advocate :unsure::lol:

I don't think it would be right for the "DOCTOR" to suddenly re-generate after all this time into a Female version. Many, like me have never liked the idea of the role being changed and, not just for the above reason, either. Had the "DOCTOR" originally, been a Female character - then no problem. It would be exactly the same, IF they wanted the character to change from Female to Male, in that respect, as far as this "DW" FAN is concerned.

I'm just NOT for having a FEMALE version of my favourite TIMELORD - period!!! :unsure:

I agree entirely! Well put.

I don't think it would be right for the "DOCTOR" to suddenly re-generate after all this time into a Female version. Many, like me have never liked the idea of the role being changed and, not just for the above reason, either.  Had the "DOCTOR" originally, been a Female character - then no problem. It would be exactly the same, IF they wanted the character to change from Female to Male, in that respect, as far as this "DW" FAN is concerned.

I'm just NOT for having a FEMALE version of my favourite TIMELORD - period!!!  :lol:

Sorry, I do take yours and Rickman's point - perhaps I was just playing devil's advocate B):P

It made for an interesting discussion!

SALEMSLOT

Try and kick off another one!

What about the return of K9? I'd love to see him return for an episode or two. :lol:

Possibly - but, guess he have to become a miniaturised version of his old self - as he wasn't too good when it came to moving over different types of surface, was he??? :D

If K9 did return, like the dear old DALEKS think, he need to be used a great deal better than he was originally. Also would love to see K9 in a proper fight with a DALEK!!!

Now, wonder who would win that encounter??? :D

I think If they brought him back they would have to update his design somewhat. What about a hovering K9? I found this Picture of K9 Mark IV

(I think that it appeared in a DWM article about a K9 series sometime)

k9_mk5.jpg

K9 V's a Dalek? Interesting.... I think the Dalek, K9 is too slow to get out of the way! and the Dalek has superior firepower!

I think If they brought him back they would have to update his design somewhat. What about a hovering K9? I found this Picture of K9 Mark IV

(I think that it appeared in a DWM article about a K9 series sometime)

k9_mk5.jpg

K9 V's a Dalek? Interesting.... I think the Dalek, K9 is too slow to get out of the way! and the Dalek has superior firepower!

Looks great! :angel:

K9 versus a whole group of Daleks would be great to see! Please!!

Very nice version of K9 (except, for it looking like he's tuned into his personal walkman!!! :P ) That is a definite improvement on the original design but definitely wouldn't particularly like to see a hovering K9. (Although, it would give him a distinct advantage over a DALEK or, as you say even better group of those metal pepper-pots, if he had that capability.

An, updated DALEK design would be equally welcomed but, forgetting the hovering mode they suddenly used once. Mind you, all depends on if we get either returning, to the series, doesn't it!!!

Lol, he does a bit doesn't he?

True, That hovering Dalek in Rememberance of the Daleks was paticularly shocking.

I don't think that it would be Dr who without a dalek or two though.

I found someone's idea for a dalek update, I think it looks quite good. I certainly wouldn't want ot meet one down a dark alley!!!

dalek.jpg

Edited by Rickman101

Rickman101

I found someone's idea for a Dalek update, I think it looks quite good. I certainly wouldn't want to meet one down a dark alley!!!

AGREED - different!!! Certainly, wouldn't like to meet DALEKS of any description down dark alleys or, anywhere else for that matter. Unless, I had an easy getaway or, could hide behind my companions!!! :angry:

Lol, he does a bit doesn't he?

True, That hovering Dalek in Rememberance of the Daleks was paticularly shocking.

I don't think that it would be Dr who without a dalek or two though.

I found someone's idea for a dalek update, I think it looks quite good. I certainly wouldn't want ot meet one down a dark alley!!!

dalek.jpg

This really reminds me of Robocop - the one that goes wrong and kills someone in a meeting - sorry, can't remember which film number. I suppose there is a similarity in that they are both ruthless killing machines - ok Robocop isn't supposed to be, but that's what scared me sh**tless about the daleks - you couldn't reason with them. Sorry I'm rambling, but great drawings :angel::lol:

Lol!!!

I'm going ot sound really sad now but the thing that really scared me was the candyman in the Happiness Patrol. I was only little at the time though, but it also ment that I would run away from thr TV every time I saw Bertie Bassett!

:D:D:wub::D:lol:

So, "Rickman101" IF you were scared by the CANDYMAN - and as the result dear old Bertie Bassett then, guess, I can't offer you a licorice allsort, can I!!! :angry::D:angry:

Jelly Baby, instead - anyone??? :D :D :D

Edited by AVON

Um I must have been about, 5 when that episode came out so I do have a bit of an excuse for it.

It was one of my earliest memories of Who but it was my memory of the end of Rmemberance of the Daleks (when the little girl that they are controlling spins around loads and collapses) that sparked of my fandom. I found a copy in a box of videos at a carboot sale and bought it out of curiosity.

And as for my fear of the Candyman it could have been worse, I could have said I was scared of the Murker!!

Um I must have been about, 5 when that episode came out so I do have a bit of an excuse for it.

It was one of my earliest memories of Who but it was my memory of the end of Rmemberance of the Daleks (when the little girl that they are controlling spins around loads and collapses) that sparked of my fandom. I found a copy in a box of videos at a carboot sale and bought it out of curiosity.

And as for my fear of the Candyman it could have been worse, I could have said I was scared of the Murker!!

The little girl was creepy! :vader: