photo sessions

hello.

i was at the london film & comic con on the 18th july. went to get a photo session with peter mayhew. asked for a photo session with peter mayhew.

the woman said that it would be £20. i pointed to the board behind her were it clearly says £15. with much mumbiling from the woman saying that peter was £20 because hes not long for this world which i thought was ott.

anyway, paid the £20.

went over to photo area b at 11:25am.

peter can to photo area b, got himself ready. then the queue was told to come forward it.

was my turn to get a photo next. handed over the voucher that the woman gave me. the guy said that was not the right voucher. i told him that i asked for a photo session with peter mayhew and thats what i got, two £10 vouchers. the guy told me but peter is only £15. i explained what the woman told me, he said to go back to the booth were i got the vouchers.

so did so got told to go round the other side of the booth. went there and got told to other side of the booth. said i have just come from there and then got told to see a woman in a jumper. did so, got my refund. stood in the queue again for a peter mayhew photo session. got the voucher. went over to photo area b and got told that he was gone. this was at 11:45am. i said but hes meant to hear untill 12:00pm which was on the boards on on the website.

the guy said because peter was not buzy they canceled it, but got told they would be another one in photo area a at 3:05pm. so after having a walk around and something to eat 3:05pm came. went to photo area a, asked the guy about peter mayhew photo session. he did not have a clue what i was on about. he said go and see a woman in a red top at the photo session pick up area. went there, no one in a red top. went to the guest area, peter was sat at the table. waited untill 3:30pm then went and got a refund. so i would like to thank all those people who did there upmost and go out there way not to help me.

EDITED by QS for better reading

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Sorry that this doesn't help you now but I think I have worked out what went wrong.

It would appear that there was initally some mis-communication when you purchased the ticket. You wanted a photoshoot ticket with Peter (which was £15) but you appear to have been given two £10 autograph tickets (his autograph price was £20 I believe).

This is why you were turned away from the photo session - because you were trying to handover a autograph ticket and not a photo ticket.

I can't really help with the timings and second phtotoshoot session as I was not present on the Saturday. I will speculate that Peters photo session time was originally at 3.05pm but got moved earlier to 11.25am and that the person who told you about the 3.05pm time was unaware of this. Someone else may be able to confirm/deny this hopefully

Hello darthdee,

I am so very sorry that this went so wrong for you.

1of2 is right. It looks like there has been a miscommunication in the beginning. Peter's autograph as 20 pounds, and apparently the crew member you did buy the tickets from misunderstood and gave you autograph vouchers instead of a ticket for the photo session. This is why you were turned away at the photo session: they can not accept those tickets.

The time on the schedule is the maximum time a photo session is scheduled for. Guests may leave earlier if the photo session is not busy and no one came in for a while.

I was there on Saturday myself and hadn't heard anything about an extra Peter Mayhew session at 3.05 PM in the afternoon. I didn't see anything on the schedule. Maybe if someone who has been working on the photo session area comes on and sees this he/she can give you more details.

I realize it looked to you like he was giving you the run around, but the guy at photo area A did the right thing. He couldn't help you, and if a crew member is in a situation like this the next higher person to turn to is the so called pit boss, in your case the woman in the red shirt. The photo area pit bosses are always very busy, and at the point you went looking for her in the photo pick up area she may have already been called elsewhere.

Unfortunately all I can do now is apologize for the confusion. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience. If something like this happens again, please approach another bit boss or go to the Organisers Booth and tell them you're looking for the Pit Boss of the area in question, there is an issue they need to deal with.

Sorry that this doesn't help you now but I think I have worked out what went wrong.

It would appear that there was initally some mis-communication when you purchased the ticket. You wanted a photoshoot ticket with Peter (which was £15) but you appear to have been given two £10 autograph tickets (his autograph price was £20 I believe).

This is why you were turned away from the photo session - because you were trying to handover a autograph ticket and not a photo ticket.

I can't really help with the timings and second phtotoshoot session as I was not present on the Saturday. I will speculate that Peters photo session time was originally at 3.05pm but got moved earlier to 11.25am and that the person who told you about the 3.05pm time was unaware of this. Someone else may be able to confirm/deny this hopefully

i did get a autograph from peter and it was £15 so why the woman gave me two £10 vouchers for an autograph is just sloppy , and i dont think photo session for pete rmayhew and autograph for peter mayhew sound anything alike.

I didn't see Peter myself, so I can't tell what his autograph price was in the end.

He is down on the autograph price list that was posted here with 20 pounds, and that is what 1of2, me and apparently the crew member as well were/are going by.

But I realized what struck me odd about your post last night. Is it possible you were you in the wrong queue by mistake when you got your tickets?

There were three queues at the sales table: one for buying autograph vouchers with a credit card, one for cash photo sales and one for credit card photo sales. Three separate crew members were dealing with the queues, so it was not possible to get photo vouchers and autograph vouchers at the same time (at least it was this way when I got tickets early Saturday). I had to queue twice on Saturday to get my photo tickets and then autograph vouchers when I paid. The autograph voucher queue was the shortest one most of the time, so it may have been the logical choice to get in line there first.

Then the crew member overheard simply overheard you saying you wanted a photo ticket because she was only dealing with the autograph stuff.

But in any case the hall was quite noisy, so it is possible that the crew member simply did not hear what you were saying correctly.

I realize that this doesn't help anymore now, but you were given tickets that said "autograph vouchers". These really are for autographs only, you can not use them for anything else. The photo tickets look totally different. They even have a different size.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

the woman said that it would be £20. i pointed to the board behind her were it clearly says £15. with much mumbiling from the woman saying that peter was £20 because hes not long for this world which i thought was ott.

got told they would be another one in photo area a at 3:05pm. so after having a walk around and something to eat 3:05pm came.

Yes, what that woman said was OTT. You'd think that cos you pointed out it was £15 she'd have realised you were looking at photshoot vouchers. Sorry, guys but the way this customer got treated was totally FUBAR and that's before he/she got told to go here, there and everywhere at this time and that time and to see the "unicorn" in the red jumper.

If something like this happens again, please approach another bit boss or go to the Organisers Booth and tell them you're looking for the Pit Boss of the area in question,
Let me guess, the lady in a red jumper? :YAHOO::D

If something like this happens again, please approach another bit boss or go to the Organisers Booth and tell them you're looking for the Pit Boss of the area in question,
Let me guess, the lady in a red jumper? :lol::WINCE:

No, that would be a red top. :P The jumper lady was at the Organiser's Booth.

But seriously, crew don't always have the most up to date information where a Pit Boss is. They are not allowed to leave their positions. The Organisers Booth or other Pit Bosses have better means of getting someone who can help solve the problem.

i got peters auto and got charged £15 , but thanks anyway

I didn't see Peter myself, so I can't tell what his autograph price was in the end.

He is down on the autograph price list that was posted here with 20 pounds, and that is what 1of2, me and apparently the crew member as well were/are going by.

But I realized what struck me odd about your post last night. Is it possible you were you in the wrong queue by mistake when you got your tickets?

There were three queues at the sales table: one for buying autograph vouchers with a credit card, one for cash photo sales and one for credit card photo sales. Three separate crew members were dealing with the queues, so it was not possible to get photo vouchers and autograph vouchers at the same time (at least it was this way when I got tickets early Saturday). I had to queue twice on Saturday to get my photo tickets and then autograph vouchers when I paid. The autograph voucher queue was the shortest one most of the time, so it may have been the logical choice to get in line there first.

Then the crew member overheard simply overheard you saying you wanted a photo ticket because she was only dealing with the autograph stuff.

But in any case the hall was quite noisy, so it is possible that the crew member simply did not hear what you were saying correctly.

I realize that this doesn't help anymore now, but you were given tickets that said "autograph vouchers". These really are for autographs only, you can not use them for anything else. The photo tickets look totally different. They even have a different size.

this was my first event so did not know about different tickets maybe i was in the wrong queue but this does not excuse the way i was treated and what the woman said about peter was just plain wrong, but thanks for your help i will be going to another event this has not put me off , and i know you cant please all the people all of the time.

this was my first event so did not know about different tickets maybe i was in the wrong queue but this does not excuse the way i was treated and what the woman said about peter was just plain wrong, but thanks for your help i will be going to another event this has not put me off , and i know you cant please all the people all of the time.

There were signs at the booth marking the lines lines saying "Autograph with credit cards" and "photo session tickets" or something. But I realize a large show like LFCC can be confusing, especially if it's your first time. That's why most of the time a crew member (often even TooTall) was standing there directing fans in the right queues when it was very busy. Unfortunately it seems you were there at a time when nobody was around. Bad timing.

You had so much unfortunate things happening to you at once that I just feel bad. Some things were done right from the crew's point of view (like sending you for a pit boss), but unfortunately everything together comes up to one big wrong. Again I can only apologize. I would still like to know where the info about the 3.05 PM Peter photo session came from. I asked my friends any nobody remembers any changes to the schedule.

I hope you at least got a photo with Peter at the table?

I'm really glad to hear that this hasn't put you off from events though. What happened to you is very, very rare to happen.

If any issue like this comes up again and you can't find the Pit Boss or anybody else to help you the ultimate solution is to ask for TooTall at the Organisers Booth. He'll help you sort things out.