Apocalypse Comics Guests: Casey Coller, Shane McCarthy, John-Paul Bove

Hey Guys,

This year, we at Apocalypse Comics were very lucky to be able to bring 5 comic guests along with us for LFCC. Writer Shane McCarthy and Artists John-Paul Bove, Hal Laren, Ben Foot and for the second year in a row Casey Coller.

We all had a great time and I know all of the guests really enjoyed meeting the fans, but I want to know what your thoughts are. Did you meet any of the guys and if so, please share your stories and pictures. Let me know if you would like to see these guys again and if you would like for us to bring anyone else over for next year (though please be realistic with your requests, I want to meet Stan Lee very much myself, but I don't think I would be able to fly him over to the UK).

Anyhoo... Thank You all for all of your support over the weekend. I really look forward to your comments.

Cheers,

Mario

Apocalypse Comics

Edited by mario_the_apocalypse

Heya Mario.

I met Casey, Shane and John-Paul and all three were excellent to talk to. I was the guy who gave Casey those three DVD boxsets. Was very kind of Casey to do my sketches for free, though I did feel a little bad that he didn't charge me. I know he wanted to give me something for the sets, so it was very awesome of him.

caseycollerspringersket.jpg

caseycollersixshotsketc.jpg

As for future guests, well I wouldn't say no to Casey, Shane and John-Paul again. On the Transformers front I'd love to see Guido Guidi, Don Figueroa or Nick Roche (I know you got him for AutoAssembly, but I probably won't make it to that one). But please, no Pat Lee. The guy seems to love himself and his artwork way to much, plus I believe he isn't very popular with fans, after the whole Dreamwave fiasco and screwing over the other artists.

Other artists, hmmmm... Maybe Adam Warren as I grew up reading a lot of Dark Horse comics (thanks to my brothers main interest in their Aliens and Predator comics) so I read a lot of his Dirty Pair titles. Nick Bradshaw too would be nice, love the guy's work on those Army of Darkness titles.

Thanks for getting them and doing those excellent exclusive comic covers for All Hail Megatron and the variant Galvatron print. I'll pop in the store later in the week.

One of my high lights was listening to the fella asking for a Sly Stallone robot picture... what a joke!

Casey hadnt done it when i asked Sunday afternoon, did that change and if it did how much did the guy pay? £20, £25 or the £30 i suggested?!

I got a Prime headshot drawn which John-Paul is sending me a colour version of later in the week and i got my comic books signed up too.

Always good having the guys there.

Heya Mario.

I met Casey, Shane and John-Paul and all three were excellent to talk to. I was the guy who gave Casey those three DVD boxsets. Was very kind of Casey to do my sketches for free, though I did feel a little bad that he didn't charge me. I know he wanted to give me something for the sets, so it was very awesome of him.

caseycollerspringersket.jpg

caseycollersixshotsketc.jpg

As for future guests, well I wouldn't say no to Casey, Shane and John-Paul again. On the Transformers front I'd love to see Guido Guidi, Don Figueroa or Nick Roche (I know you got him for AutoAssembly, but I probably won't make it to that one). But please, no Pat Lee. The guy seems to love himself and his artwork way to much, plus I believe he isn't very popular with fans, after the whole Dreamwave fiasco and screwing over the other artists.

Other artists, hmmmm... Maybe Adam Warren as I grew up reading a lot of Dark Horse comics (thanks to my brothers main interest in their Aliens and Predator comics) so I read a lot of his Dirty Pair titles. Nick Bradshaw too would be nice, love the guy's work on those Army of Darkness titles.

Thanks for getting them and doing those excellent exclusive comic covers for All Hail Megatron and the variant Galvatron print. I'll pop in the store later in the week.

Hey Ed, it was great to meet you. I know Casey was really pleased with your gift and I think he was quite surprised too. Your sketches came out awesome, that mans talent is amazing!!!

I will take your suggestions under serious consideration. When I finally meet Nick in person at Auto Assembly, i'll ask how keen he is to do some other shows too and I would LOVE to work with Guido Guidi too as I am a massive Fan of his work.

I look forward to you poping by the shop!!!

One of my high lights was listening to the fella asking for a Sly Stallone robot picture... what a joke!

Casey hadnt done it when i asked Sunday afternoon, did that change and if it did how much did the guy pay? £20, £25 or the £30 i suggested?!

I got a Prime headshot drawn which John-Paul is sending me a colour version of later in the week and i got my comic books signed up too.

Always good having the guys there.

Yeah, the Stallone guy was weird dude!!! That was one of my highlights of the weekend, even if he was a little rude, at least it made me chuckle.

Casey was so overwhealmed with sketch requests, that I don't think he got around to doing it in the end, which had me feeling abiguous. Part of me really wanted to see what he could do with that kind of request and how he would pull it off and the other part of me was thinking "Screw him" he was so rude that he didn't deserve the pic.

Hope you like your Prime pic when it's finished.