The ROTK Cry-o-meter!!!

Cathyvicki

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it yesterday... OMG... I almost in tears at:

1) Frodo telling Sam to **** off (My Poor Poor Sam!)

2) Merry and Pippin parting (Billy's face... omg...)

3) Denethor telling Faramir to basically go away and die.

4) Pippin singing

5) Arwen seeing her little boy... *sniff*

6) Every single scene with Frodo and Sam in Morder...

7) When they all reunite at the end, and Pippin and Merry (specially Merry) clambour onto the bed, and then Sam just looks... *awww*

Where I did cry:

1) The Frodo and Sam hug right at the end.

2) When Sam returned home

3) All the way through the credits

4) All the way home in the car

5) All afternoon!

The film finished at about 2.30... I didn't stop crying til abtou 4ish!!! It was SUCH a good film!

There's always one isn't there

idiot u mean? I had a group of them behind me...and I dont care if they are older than me and would probably smack me one too, If I would have seen them afterwards, They wouldof got a slap! 'Is this s**t finished yet?' ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I sat by a big group of kids who were laughing and taking the p**s out of the people in front who were crying. It made me really angry. They obviously weren't there to enjoy the film, just to annoy other people.

Luv Jen xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, I had some of them too. At the beginning, they were like "What film is this again? The Three Kings? The first two films were meant to be crap. Why are we here again? Dunno, there was nothing else on"

There were about 10 of them and they must have been about 14 years old. Soooooo annoying. I though, I'm not gonna let them ruin my first ROTK experience! Normally, I'm a really neutral person, you know the one who tries to chill everyone else out, but when they started taking the **** of Andy as Smeagol I just turned round and told them to shut up. :lol: Very unlike me!

It seemed to work though, not a peep of them for the rest of the film although that was probably cos I was so absorbed I didn't notice anything going on around me. LOL!

*applauds*

I saw it on wednesday and cried from when Merry and Pippin part....pretty much straight through to the end :lol:

I made a list and so far there are 18 scenes that made me cry!!!

Nicxxx

thats exactly when i started crying too!!!! it was so upsetting but also so incredibly amazing and wonderful. my heart was pounding the whole way through the film and i was breathing really funny - prolly coz i was so nervous and anxious about wanting to know what happens. i didnt want to know what happens coz i didnt want it to end!!!! then when "the end" came up, i couldnt stop crying and we were the only ones left in the cinema by the end of the credits!! amazing film, amazing cast, amazing crew, amazing director, amazing fans, amazing amazing ok ive sed amazing enuf now but its true!!!! theres neva been a trilogy like it and there neva will be. these films and the story and the characters will stay in our hearts forever and will never leave.

Peter Jackson rocks!!!!

(has anyone guessed that im crying right now??!!)

There were times in the film I welled up a bit. Being a huge Gollum/Smeagol fan, I cheered to myself when Frodo told Sam to go home to the Shire. And I did shed a single tear when I saw the shear happiness of Gollum/Smeagol when they had the ring as they headed to a firey end. After all, my boy (s) was happy. He had his precious.

I did nearly cry laughter with the Merry and Pippin comedy bits. Those two are pure enjoyment.

Oh, and not forgetting the classic line from Gimli to Legolas when he has killed the elephant like monster "That still only counts as one....!"

I went to see it for the second time last night. It was just as good. In my school there are only two lotr buffs, one of them being me and the other being one of my good friends who was seeing it for the first time last night. Now i never cried this time (that much) but my friend she blubbered like a big baby. It was such a shame, it was the exact same way i was when i watched it for the first time. Seriously she was whimpering and then wailing because she was crying that much. All u could hear echoing through the cinema was the sniffs of about 30 people crying. Its such an emotional rollercoaster. aww and its at the very very end when Sam has shut his door and it comes up "The End". *whimper*, aww, it really is the end. But no!! Technically it's not the end until november next year!! *sigh* It's just so good. And it's like what jonathon ross said to Ian Mckellan; "what are we going to do next year? LOTR is like tradition." -- very good point. I mean...what are we all going to do next december?? aww. anyhoo, we've all still got a fair while until ROTK goes out of the cinema....(nooo, i don't want it to leave the cinema!)

the shear happiness of Gollum/Smeagol when they had the ring as they headed to a firey end. He had his precious.

wow. i thought that bit was brilliant. it kinda scared me too, coz it showed just how powerful the ring was and what it can do to a person, also shown by the opening scenes which were also fantastic!! it scared me too to think that, if frodo decided to not throw the ring in, that he might become a creature like gollum. *has a shiver down her spine*

If Peter Jackson/JRR Tolkien had gone that route it would not have worked with Frodo. In the opening scenes Smeagol already seemed to have a dark side fighting to get out. He seemed to kill for the One Ring so easily. I was glued to the screen everytime Smeagol/Gollum had a conversation. The scene where Smeagol was talking to Gollum in the water reflection was superb. I know the SFX are great with Gollum & Smeagol but the passion Andy Serkis puts into both characters is superb. When I met Andy at C4 I was behind a few people and a girl asked if he could say words to a few friends of hers from NZ who could not attend, and turning it on like a tap he spoke as Gollum & Smeagol into the video camera. I truly hope Andy Serkis gets alot of recognition/work from the industry as he has a rare talent that so many actors/actresses fail to show in their work PASSION...

If Peter Jackson/JRR Tolkien had gone that route it would not have worked with Frodo. In the opening scenes Smeagol already seemed to have a dark side fighting to get out. He seemed to kill for the One Ring so easily. I was glued to the screen everytime Smeagol/Gollum had a conversation. The scene where Smeagol was talking to Gollum in the water reflection was superb. I know the SFX are great with Gollum & Smeagol but the passion Andy Serkis puts into both characters is superb. When I met Andy at C4 I was behind a few people and a girl asked if he could say words to a few friends of hers from NZ who could not attend, and turning it on like a tap he spoke as Gollum & Smeagol into the video camera. I truly hope Andy Serkis gets alot of recognition/work from the industry as he has a rare talent that so many actors/actresses fail to show in their work PASSION...

i completely agree. im so glad too that they did those opening scenes, because, just in case there are sum 'weirdos' out there who dont know about andy and the fact that he puts so much work into gollum/smeagol and doesnt himself get on the screen, at last they will know who he is, and i believe it wud have helped him gain more recognition. i met andy @ c3, and he is such a nice bloke!!!! i asked him to do the voice, and he sed "not for u my precious"!! amazing. top man!!

Hey. I noticed this last night and I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has noticed it or if anyone else saw it?! aww, it's at a really sad bit aswell, anyway. When Gandalf is talking to Pippen about death and Pippen says "I never thought it would end this way." and thats when Gandalf starts talking about how death is not the end. All through that scene, look at the bottom of Pippens neck; it's pulsing!! Puts a literal meaning to the phrase "my heart was in my throat". aww, wee Pippen, he looked so scared at that bit. Billy Boyd did so well in that film. I especially liked the bit with him and the palantir. lol, Gandalf sleeps with his eyes open?! Anyway, did anyone else notice that with Pippen?

I saw a different side to Merry & Pippin in this film. Their true friendship shone through when they were seperated and when Pippin found Merry and said he would look after him it was priceless. And seperating them allowed their characters to grow. I think they over shadowed the Frodo/Sam partnership by far. The only time they were outshone by Frodo/Sam is then Frodo/Sam were with Gollum/Smeagol. I found that the Frodo/Sam characters did not appeal to me as the Merry/Pippin characters did.

Have u read the books? if so, did u feel the same way about merry and pippen when u were reading about their characters. I can't wait till the 4 disc set. I really hope it goes into more depth especially on Merry's part. There seemed to be alot more of Pippen than there was of Merry.

I have never read the books as I have a chemical inbalance in the brain which makes it run alot faster than normal brains. I cannot settle on a book after the first few pages. A bit of a gutter but it has it's advantages.

After watching FOTR and TTT Extended versions I saw so much more. The bit at the end of TTT where Merry & Pippin find the food and Pipe Weed. Classic.

awww, i love that bit!!! It's like after all they've been through they have this moment to get back into being Hobbits again. It's fantastic. Billy Boyd has such an infectious laugh and it's just so happy the fact that they can get back to their old ways at that moment. Awww. Fantastic.

xx

awww, i love that bit!!! It's like after all they've been through they have this moment to get back into being Hobbits again. It's fantastic. Billy Boyd has such an infectious laugh and it's just so happy the fact that they can get back to their old ways at that moment. Awww. Fantastic.

xx

You're right! He does have a gorgeous laugh! He is like the quint essential hobbit! "He's never in a bad mood!" as Elijah once said!

Hi all

I have just got back from my second screening of ROTK, and yep I cried again!!! (I have never cried at a film before this).

Just thinking about it makes me cry. I was telling my mum how good it was and how sad and that was it I was off again!!!

OMG its really over, I cant believe it.

Mr Peter Jackson what can I say but thank you and to all the cast and crew, what a journey it has been for all of us.

Oh god gonna start blubbing again if I dont shut up, just wanted to say my bit :lol:

I've never read the books either. Well like one chapter of Fellowship of the Ring. Then I realised how much they'd missed out and thought "Bloody hell". But for some reason, I find the books hard to read and get into:(

Our whole cinema was in stitches at Gimli's "It still only counts as one" Class :(:(

I'm crying sooo much thinking about it!! Aaaaah, well i suppose it doesn't help listening to the ROTK soundtrack at the bit when Aragorn sees Arwen *cries* I absoloutely adore ROTK i think it's the best! I'm gonna be sooo depressed this time next year! It's all ended *Sniffle* well we got the hobbit in 2006. But that doesn't compare to LOTR. Ooooooh no, im at the bit when everyone bows to the hobbits. That bit made me cry sooooo much! Just think of LOTR without the music, it would be sooo less emotional so a very big thanks to Howard. When i listened to the soundtrack before i saw the movie it wasn't as emotional!

:angel: the scenes that made me cry are

1) When Frodo tells Sam to go home

2) When Sam offers to carry Frodo

3) When Frodo leaves to the Grey Havens *thinks of the looks of the sad hobbits* :'(

4) When Frodo&Sam are at Mount Doom

5) When Aragorn and everyone else fighting know that the ring has been destroyed and Merry shouts out "FROOOOOOODOOOOOOOO!"

6) When the eagles get Frodo&Sam, then Frodo looks up and sees Gandalf

7) When Frodo is in bed and sees the fellowship again.

8) When Theoden dies

9) When Pippin looks for Merry

10) When Pippin sings

11) When Denethor tells Faramir to go to Osgiliath and fight

12) When Aragorn sees Arwen

13) When Arwen sees her son

14) When Pippin&Gandalf leave Merry

15) When Gandalf talks to Pippin about dying

16) The End!!!

I think that's about it

I cried sooo hard though, like so i could hardly breathe! *gasp* I had a cut on my lip from where i was biting it to stop from crying out louder then i was!LoL! I really do have to not listen to the soundtrack while talking about it! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I can't wait to see it for the 3rd time this week! :lol: 'N' Merry Maddam if you have a problem so do i!!! :D

Edited by Frodos_Girl

It has been bugging me the bit I found saddest and I finally decided on when Merry and Pippin are seperated. As someone who is not too high on the Frodo/Sam relationship (don't dislike but don't like) I saw the Merry/Pippin relationship spell binding at times with both HUMOUR and SADDNESS. Billy Boyd has a wonderful voice. However, the only other part that made me feel sad, but it also made me feel happy was when Gollum/Smeagol died in the lava. He died happy with his precious. The look on his face was superb. I know alot of it was SFX but then based it on Andy Serkis's facial expressions.

I have a feeling we will be disecting this film for many weeks and months to come. I came into this trilogy only a film fan who felt compelled to check it out. By The Two Towers and the introduction of Smeagol/Gollum I was hooked and by THE END I was a fully fledged RINGITE.

Roll on Peter Jackson making THE HOBBIT.

1. Frodo telling Sam to go home.

2. Merry and Pippin being parted.

3. Theoden's death.

4. When Pippin finds Merry.

5. When the Fellowship are reunited

6. When Frodo goes to the Grey Havens.

I silently cried so much during the film. Those are the scenes I can remember but there's probably more!!

1. Frodo telling Sam to go home.

2. Merry and Pippin being parted.

3. Theoden's death.

4. When Pippin finds Merry.

5. When the Fellowship are reunited

6. When Frodo goes to the Grey Havens.

I silently cried so much during the film. Those are the scenes I can remember but there's probably more!!

Hello!!!! and welcome to the forum!!