WWE Spoiler Zone - Latest News and Rumours

Will Jones

I thought that having a thread for breaking news, rumours (with sources) etc etc would be easier to follow incase threads get moved etc etc...let's see if this works.

Ryan Clark of WrestlingInc.com is reporting that Trish Stratus decided to take on other commitments over the WrestleMania weekend after she foud out that the Miss WrestleMania Battle Royale was there to push Santino some more. Clark is also reporting that Trish had no problem putting over existing talent, but didn't need the payday for a comedy skit. As of yet, neither Trish or the WWE have responded.

The WWE is considering putting on a UK based flagship PPV at the O2 Arena - somewhere they have already used many times - in preparation for potentially using the new Wembley Stadium to host a future WrestleMania PPV. WrestleMania 29 or 30 are being looked at as they are the ones after the 2012 Olympics in London. The people who have been tasked with scouting PPV locations have had multiple meetings with the O2 Arena and Wembley Stadium executives over the past 6 months according to sources at both locations and also Sky Sports who are allegedly being sourced as an event sponser. Obviously, the old Wembley Stadium was used in the 90's for Summerslam and the WWE always does well in the UK and Europe as regards money. Only time will tell.

If you look at the Diva match, you had former talent walking away together not caring. They came for the payday and nothing else. If they are to continue this Miss WrestleMania event, then maybe a Diva Gauntlet match?

The O2 Arena always sells out and is popular with fans and the WWE. The Royal Rumble has been rumoured for many years as beign the next PPV in the UK.

In a WWE Universe Blog, JBL gave his farewell speech/address thanking fans and WWE Staff alike. He also shed light on why it was Rey who he faced in Houston. Apparently, he had hoped his retirement match would be against his close friend Eddie Guerrero. Obviously, his initial retirement and Eddie's passing took that away. He goes on to say that a second chance at wrestling allowed him to face another latino amigo in Rey who he rates alongside Eddie.

So, although not apparent on screen, this now shows why Rey was chosen.

I ahve no problem with Rey being IC champ, i just think that its a complete waste of time and effort they way they did it. For the title to mean something they should have it defended properly. Again if JBL wasnt upto that then he shouldnt have been given it, im sure they could have let him have some braggard speech to say goodbye, it was cheap and meaningless in my opinion

A martial arts social networking site called www.crumpdojo.com , it is being reported that in an upcoming WWE Magazine they will be running an article likening Batista's recent rehab to the Wolverine Weapon X storyline. His real life martial arts guruMarrese Crump is rumoured to be featured in the article and may be used as Batista's Manager in an upcoming near year long build up to the Unification og the WWE and World Titles at WrestleMania XXVI.

Obviously, only time will tell.

not news or a rumour but didn't want to start a new topic

but how good was Kofi on SD, he was great in the ring and thats the first time i've seen him on the Mic properly and i was very impressed with it, funny and charming but all business

i really think he may be in for a big push over the next few months, but in the mean time i expect him to job to a couple of the big guys just to test him out

what you guys think?