Win a part in Doctor Who

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

BBC PRESS RELEASE

TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT OFFERS VIEWERS THE CHANCE TO WIN AN INCREDIBLE DOCTOR WHO EXPERIENCE

barrowman.jpg

Offering viewers dream-come-true wish fulfilment, Tonight’s the Night is running a competition for one viewer to take part in a specially written Doctor Who scene, working with the Doctor Who production team, and shot on the set of the TARDIS. This scene will be broadcast to the nation in the final episode of Tonight’s the Night in April/May (subject to scheduling) and the lucky winner will take a starring role – as an alien.

Star of Tonight’s the Night, John Barrowman, says “This is a fantastic opportunity and I can’t wait to see the winner experience performing on the set of Doctor Who.â€

The brief is simple: viewers over 18 are invited to submit an application featuring a photograph of them in their home made alien costume, along with information about their alien, such as where it’s from and its characteristics.

A group of 50 applicants will be selected to meet a panel including John Barrowman and Doctor Who casting director, Andy Pryor. From these 50, 10 will be carried through to a final elimination. One applicant will win the role of a lifetime and a trip to the Doctor Who set to spend several hours working with the award winning Doctor Who production team to bring their scene to life.

Hosted by West End, Doctor Who and Torchwood star John Barrowman, Tonight’s The Night combines show-stopping acts from world class artists with once-in-a-lifetime performances that make people’s dreams come true.

No matter how big, small or bizarre the wish, Tonight’s the Night helps ordinary people live out their performing fantasies for real and become the most unlikely stars that Saturday evenings have ever seen. From local community heroes to enthusiastic amateurs with a hidden talent they have been yearning to unleash, Tonight will be their time to shine - with the help of John and the best talent in the business.

This could mean duetting with a favourite pop group, singing with a big band or tripping the light fantastic with the cast of a hit West End musical – or appearing on the set of Doctor Who. No performance stone remains unturned to make this the night of their lives and a must see for entertainment fans.

The competition is open to people over 18 throughout the United Kingdom and applications close on March 28th. Further information and an application pack can be downloaded at www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/beonashow/tonight_aliensearch

For further information please contact

Carly Sandland carly.sandland@bbc.co.uk

Stuart Macdonald stuart.macdonald@bbc.co.uk

It's such a shame that this competition is a UK ONLY thing...

I'd have loved to do something like this...

-MtS.Tyra, the one feeling a bit neglected at the moment

It's also all right if you're over 18 *grumble*

It is lovely....but I don't live in the UK, it's pretty short notice (don't know how long it's been upthere) and the costumes I do have are from other series.

but a lovely idea indeed!

It is lovely....but I don't live in the UK, it's pretty short notice (don't know how long it's been upthere) and the costumes I do have are from other series.

but a lovely idea indeed!