FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

BAllet

**Disclaimer The characters and their phychic abilities in this story are the invention of Stephenie Meyer**

Happy endings. Where was mine. I couldn’t call what I was now happy. My beauty or should I say my curse that is what got me where I was today. Hunting in this vast wilderness. That is when I spotted him being ravaged by the bear. He reminded me of my best friend’s little boy, Henry. Even though his gorgeous dimpled face grimaced in pain I could only think one thing, I wanted him for me. He had to be saved. I was selfish enough to want him for myself. I had to be strong and get him back to Carlisle.

My thirst was an intense burning in my throat but it didn’t register as I wrestled the bear. The bear was not a challenge for me i quickly snapped it's neck and I stopped breathing as I ran as fast as lightening and saved him, my destiny. It was unbelievable almost that I should be so lucky as to be here and find if not everything but at least part of my dream. I tried hard not to breath in fear I might give into my thirst. At last I made it back home. My throat burned, but I was proud of myself I made it.

“Carlisle!â€, I yelled

“Rosalie, What have you done?â€, asked Carlisle.

"I was hunting when I found him being torn apart by a bear."

"Carlisle, please he looks so much like little Henry. Please, please save him!" I pleaded.

Three nervous days of waiting. Would he feel the same about me as I felt about him the first time I saw him? Would he choose to stay with us and be like us. I hovered close to him now as the end loomed nearer. I was tense with anticipation and fear.

Then he opened his eyes.

Carlisle spent time explaining who and what we are to him, or should I say Emmet. I don’t know if he will choose to stay. I am just selfish enough to hope he will desire me as much as I do him. To just have someone to make my struggle with what I was bearable. To have a small part of my dream of someone to love. I would never have the chilren I yearned for but if I could have him at least there would be some meaning.

I dont agree with Carlisle's theory that there is an afterlife for us, but maybe I could be so vain as to hope. I have been very fortunate to have been given such a gift. Emmet after listening to all that Carlisle had to say has decided to stay with us. He came to me that night to thank me for saving him. In his eyes I saw myself for what seemed like the first time. I wasn't a vile monster, I was his. We stared into each other's eyes and then I knew I was as much his as he was mine. We would spend eternity together.

By Caralee Erhart-Loonat

Edited by Ballet