FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

freakie_frenchi

As Bella screamed her last sentence at me it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Bella opened the door hurriedly and slammed it behind her. I looked up and stared at the door longing for my daughter to walk back in and apologize. Those words so powerful, so familiar. It pierced my heart like a thousand knives.

Renee had used the same words when she had walked out on me all those years ago. I crumbled to the floor sobbing into my hands. Memories came flooding back to me opening up time healed wounds. The scars had never faded. The hope that my sweet Renee would come back to Forks one day, just filled my heart with joy.

I heard Bella's truck start up and almost 'speed' away. Every thing happened so fast. What had that boy done? Why didn't she use her pepper spray? I gave it to her for that reason. Time felt like it had suddenly slowed down.

As I got up from my crouching position I almost toppled over with grief. I steadied my self using the kitchen table. I gripped to the table so hard as if I was gripping onto life. I inhaled a quick breath making it sharp and jagged. I wiped my eyes with the back of my free hand.

The tears did not stop coming as I thought more and more of how my only daughter hated me so much she would just leave me. The pain racked my body as I shook trying to steady myself without the help of the kitchen table. I had failed miserably to steady myself...I had failed at being a good father.

My mind raced. What did I do now? Did I go after her, try to bring her home? Did I call Renee and let her deal with it all? After all Bella dosent want to see me again does she?

It had felt like hours had passed but in reality it had only been a few minutes. The heavy flow of tears had been reduced to loud sniffs as my nose ran wildly. I felt my wet cheek with my hand and looked at the salty water now covering my hand.

I walked to the door my only daughter walked out of for the last time. I placed my dry hand onto the door handle and shuddered as the handle came into contact with me. I felt a man sized tear fall down my already tear stained cheek. One hand still clutching the door handle and the other hand placed upon the door steadying me. I placed my head gently against the door and rested it there hoping to grab some connection to the outside world.

I turned around so quickly it was like the door had burnt me. My eyes deceived me as they began to pour more tears. I sat down on one of the mismatched chairs and put my head into my hands sobbing.

Frenchi Burchill

Edited by freakie_frenchi