FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

beckycullen113

A shock tingled through me, it wasn’t pleasant but it was bearable. What shocked me was the click in my brain, and the visions danced in front of my eyes until it came into focus, and through my eyes I saw the world I lost long ago. I knew it wasn’t real; it was like a dream, it wasn’t possible but this place seemed so familiar that I knew it was part of me.

The room before my eyes made all the memories come rushing back, it was the room I grew up in, the room I saw the future in, the room I died in, and the room I woke up in.

It seemed like when I see the future, like a black and white film, covered with mist. I saw through my own eyes my dream, the dream that little did I know then, in a few short hours would come true.

I woke in a sweat and heard a scream so bloodcurdling it made my toes curl, it stopped, it was then I realised that the scream was coming from me. In the corner Cynthia snored gently, oblivious to the world.

My father, the most superstitious man on earth clapped his hand over my mouth as I yorned so as not to let the devil in. I had to tell them the dream, I had no choice, so I told them.

And then it happened, barely a couple of hours after id left the house, a man, heart achingly beautiful walked into my vision, the wind picked up and his head turned sharply my way.

I picked up my walk and behind me I saw he had turned around to follow, his pace quickening up to an impossible speed, he was only a few yards behind me when he slowed down, his ace matching mine again. He wore a grin, a grin that made me tremble with fear as I looked over his perfectly evil smile.

When I got in I saw my dream play out before my eyes, I turned and ran, around the corner I found my dad and sister, there terror matched mine, in my fathers hand was two train tickets, and in the other was a form.

The room I was put in had soft walls, there was a bang, I felt a cold hand caress my neck, and a soft whisper filled my ears, “I wouldn’t have gone to all this trouble†he said, “but you just smelled so goodâ€, and then the pain started, fire flared through my neck, slowly spreading through my body, unbearable. And in front of my eyes I saw a beautiful face, and another, kinder voice whispered in my ear, “He will kill me, but I have given you new life, do not waste it.

I smiled at Kate who as sitting opposite, her shock on her face was almost funny, and I thought she was the one who had shocked me, and then there was Jasper.

By Becky Gordon

Age 13