Gold Ticket Reception Party

Ianferris

I'm just wondering how the Gold Pass reception is going to work, is it going to be in a bigger room.

I was at E1 and the gold pass Cocktail was tight for space and I only got to speak to 1 guest, and that was with 100 in attendance.

At E2 it was great, there was only about 60 people in the same room as before and everyone got to speak to every guest.

E3 with potentially 50 more people then at E1, i'm predicting mayhem.

However I'm sure SM have thought it through and it will be ok, but yeah i'm a little concerned.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm just wondering how the Gold Pass reception is going to work, is it going to be in a bigger room.

I was at E1 and the gold pass Cocktail was tight for space and I only got to speak to 1 guest, and that was with 100 in attendance.

At E2 it was great, there was only about 60 people in the same room as before and everyone got to speak to every guest.

However I'm sure SM have thought it through and it will be ok, but yeah i'm a little concerned.

For 'The Hub' when there were 150 gold pass holders we used the bar area outside the main hall for the Gold pass reception - there were big grey boards put up to split off the reception from the rest of the hotel and there were plenty of crew there to make sure only the gold pass holders got access. There were nibbles spread along the bar area for people to pick at, and at the separate bar that isn't in use a table was set up with various wines, and fruit juices for people to help themselves too. I'd say that there was plenty of space for everyone, and the guests managed to wander around everyone fairly well.

I am assuming, the same system will be used at Eclipse 3 (and future events with 150 gold passes).

Hope that helps!

SJ

xox

For 'The Hub' when there were 150 gold pass holders we used the bar area outside the main hall for the Gold pass reception - there were big grey boards put up to split off the reception from the rest of the hotel and there were plenty of crew there to make sure only the gold pass holders got access. There were nibbles spread along the bar area for people to pick at, and at the separate bar that isn't in use a table was set up with various wines, and fruit juices for people to help themselves too. I'd say that there was plenty of space for everyone, and the guests managed to wander around everyone fairly well.

I am assuming, the same system will be used at Eclipse 3 (and future events with 150 gold passes).

Hope that helps!

SJ

xox

Thanks XxX

• Showmasters Admin

Yeah, as SJ says, the reception will be held in the bar area outside the main hall, like we did for The Hub! :YAHOO:

It worked really well there and there was plenty of room for everyone to move around. We also have chaperones with the guests now to ensure that they do not get tied up in one area all evening. This means that they get to move around amongst everyone and their time is spread much more fairly around. Again, it seems to work really well now and the Gold Pass drinks reception is a fantastic opportunity to get really close to the guests in an informal environment!

Mark :YAHOO:

Yeah, as SJ says, the reception will be held in the bar area outside the main hall, like we did for The Hub! :D

It worked really well there and there was plenty of room for everyone to move around. We also have chaperones with the guests now to ensure that they do not get tied up in one area all evening. This means that they get to move around amongst everyone and their time is spread much more fairly around. Again, it seems to work really well now and the Gold Pass drinks reception is a fantastic opportunity to get really close to the guests in an informal environment!

Mark :D

Thanks Mark.