Really need help

liremaer

Hola peps congrats to the cosplay winners from c14 and I'll do better next time. lol

Well I will if i can come up with something. You see i'm in trouble, i'm stuck i have no ideas no inspiration, i've hit costumers block. lol. So you all know i locve anything historical and any thing pre 1800 and sci fi as well so i was wondering any ideas folks, something elaborate that i can hand sew. lol No seriously i really have got no idea, and seeing the standard at lfcc this year, I know i have to pull the stops out, but really need some help, i'm making a new set of stay soon so anything 18th century or elizabethan would be good, or even from titanic, so let me know what you thing guys. pleeeeeease. lol

Gem

:D:YAHOO::YAHOO:

Lizzie Swan? I'm not sure if it's a corset or not, but Galadriel's Mirror costume looks constructed and it had the wow factor.

Other than that, I've been trying to make a Moulin Rouge costume myself, but you said you didn't have a clue on that era. lol.

Elizabethan... why not go with the Lady of the moment? Elizabeth: the Golden Years is a fairly recent memory in movie-land. Or if I could tempt you... I'm being Casanova (Tennant version) at some point and there's some wonderful dresses in that.

Edited by JaY (Gears?!?)

Hehe looked it up bellino was the woman posing as the castrato, not his first love. lol

Have a couple of ideas so far, that i'm looking into.

1. Padme amidala, the first outfit we see her in, looks fun and would be a bvit of a challenge.

2. Bellinos ripped gown

3.The armarda portrait dress form golden age

4. Marie antoinette when she arrives at versaille, (the blue one)

5.2nd age elven armour (that doesn't fall apart this time)

6. Another sleepy hollow gown

And i'm looking at loads more out there from labyrinth and stuff like that, I'm even considering a big prosthetics job like an orc or one of the tree people from the first series of doctor who, oohhh actually i like that one, might just go research that. lol

:headscratch::blink::wub:

What about third age elven armour. Thats what I wanna make again at some point. Thinking about using the same technique they use to make the halo uniform. They use a program called Pepakura, print the design on to 100gsm card (think its 100), then cover it in fibreglass.

Also what about Stardust they have some really nice costumes in that film.

Not seen stardust yet, must do that.

Thing bout fibreglass is it's a coplete bi*** to work with, you can't get alot of detail in it, although, i have seen a tutorial on it somewhere for anime armour. PIece of advice though, i used it at college for a special effects project, and despite being covered up still ended up really realllly itchy, where at least 2 thin layers. lol. Been looking at the gowns from the 1938 marie antoinette film and have fallen in love with a couple of the gowns, so gonna have a really good look at those, gonna be starting soon as well cos i want to bead or embroider the ruddy thing, and thats gonnatake time, as is a quilted petticoat, i'm planning for some events elsewhere. Had a really random costuming thought the other day, what would people do if yiu wnadered the streets of york specially in the shambles in tudor or elizabethan garb, specially lower or middle class stuff. lol. can't help it i think these things sometimes. hehe.:angry:

Oh on a second thought, padmes first dress is looking beter and better, it has light up bits and a really cool headdress. lmao

• 3 weeks later...

OK I've decided on one costume, i'm going to recreate the armarda portrait dress from elizabeth the golden age, this should be fun. hehe. Still not decided on any more yet, so please keep the ideas coming, hisptrical figures count as well, oh actually i do have one other, i really want to do an 1840's to 1860's dress complete with bonnet and stuff, i'lll let you know what i come up with. for now I have a goth robe la francoise to sew for my works xmas do. lol :P