HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE ME? Re train times

todd198126

Hi,i'm coming down on the Saturday to the event by train from Hull,Yorkshire.I will be coming down with my niece and my auntie for the day.

I'm booking the train tickets soon and i'm not real sure on what times to book as this is my first time at an event of this size and nature.What do you think the best time to actually arrive at the event would be?I was thing about 10am,this way we do not have to get up too early i thought.Do you think this is a good time or should i arrive for 9.00am or later even??

The second more important part of my question is what time should i book the return tickets for?I would say that i would want autographs on photos with if poss at least half of the guests.I have no idea how long i should expect things to take and i don't want to leave too early or too late!!

Please can some of you guys help me out/give me your opinons because i really have no idea what times to book.Thankyou all so much for your help and opinions,

See you guys there!Kind regards Paul and family. :lol:

• Moderators

OK let's deal with this one bit at a time:

Arrival Time - I don't think you need to worry about being there too early as there's not a huge amount of big guests at the moment to make it overly busy. Obviously if someone else big is announced, that can make it far busier so this may change.

Autos/Photos - Photos usually take 90 mins at an estimate to get back, so it depends on when the shoots are. And then obviously who they're with and how busy they are to go get them signed again. Why not just stay the whole day and be safe?

It all depends on who you want to meet, if say you're wanting to meet Richard Dreyfuss, then I'd say you want to be there for 9am , just in case as he's likely to be busy.

If you're not bothered about meeting Richard Dreyfuss, then based on the current guest list, I'd say a 10am arrival would be ok.

As for departure, I'd look to book a train time after the event closes, so that as you say, if you're waiting for photoshoots or anything, then you have time to collect them.

This way you also get to enjoy the whole day at the event, without having to rush about the place.

Just make sure you leave in plenty of time to get back to the train station, and If you're using the free bus, be at the stop for 10 to the hour, as I found out the hard way the 4pm bus actually left at 3.50.....

Hope this helps

Thanks so much for your advice guys,i will aim to get there at about 10am and as you have both suggested i will arrange to be there the full day,this way we won't miss out on anything.Thanks again and i'll see you there!

Paul

My bf will prob be coming from hull in the morn too so I'll get him to post in here what time he is planning on nearer the time ;)

Thanks Lizzy!That would be really cool and good of you to do that.Maybe you could PM me when you know or just reply to this thread again.I'd be grateful of that,best wishes from Paul :o